Slate restoration pics

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Here are some pics where we stripped off 15 years of Mop N Glow on slate, rinsed and color enhanced

Mikey P

Administrator
and yet you can strip off 15 years of mopNglow

everyone has their strong suits..

How hard is it to create a free Photobucket account?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
lol...you need to make this site more user/computer idiot friendly for us Neanderthals...I post this stuff on Dirtygrout.com and Facebook all the time...I don't understand photobucket

Mikey P

Administrator
20140405_093246_zps620055b6.jpg

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I would add one little thing that may plague some folks when trying to post pics by uploading from their computer.

Sometimes when I want to post a pic from my computer, the upload from computer popup is messed up, it looks like this:

View attachment 4383

This always happens when I choose quick reply. Never been able to figure out why, I'm sure it's something in my IE settings.

The trick (for me) is to click on the "Go Advanced" button:

View attachment 4385

When I post pics from the advanced screen, the popup is always OK:

View attachment 4384

Bill Morgan

Name
Captain Morgan
Really nice work! Did you scrape/brush it all off by hand? I see a 175 in one picture... did you use that to strip or apply to enhancer?

If you used the 175 to help strip what did you use? Brush, pad? What type? What product did you use to remove the Mop n Glo build up?

What product and method did you use to apply the enhancer? Does the enhancer also seal/protect the slate too?

Thanks for taking the time to explain your work a little more.

Again, great job. Very impressed.
Bill Morgan

Reactions: Bee Busy

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Thanks Bill. First we taped everything off with blue tape and gorilla tape, stripped by hand with Jasco stripping gel followed with Afterwash with rags and handbrushes and groutbrushes. It's very important to wear a full faced respirator, long sleeved shirts and gloves, the Jasco gel burns skin and breathing Meth Chloride is very bad for respiratory. After stripping by hand we scrubbed the remaining residue off with floor stripper and the 175 with a Malish grit brush, then truckmount rinsed. Let the slate dry out for 3 days and then sealed with a solvent color enhancer by hand with sponges. The enhancer is a good protecting sealer.

Reactions: Bill Morgan

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
$5 a foot Mike...it was 325 sq ft, around $150 in chems/materials. Afterwash is a thin solvent that has to be used as a followup to clean up the gel residue, you can use laquer thinner as well but I haven't tried that yet

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom