sliding window....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
has anyone ever thought about putting a sliding window on the front of the box to let some air back there and help vent it some....

would be easy to do...

any pro's or con to this....

620_Truck_Parts_010.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It is not mine......

But I was thinking of lining it up with the back window on the cab .....keeping it low and less air would flow threw while driving but it would also help vent the heat during these hot desert days.....

Name
BradFenstermaker
That is a huge hole to experiment with. What about a 40 dollar roof vent or something first.

Not sure how you'd mount it, the cover might not be strong enough.

Well if it didn't work you could always keep it shut. Put one on the back door and then add a rear view.

Even if it just cooled off while the machine is running would be nice. Less of a heat flash when that door goes up the better.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I got a couple of solar roof vents for the back but I returned them because of the weak fiber glass type tops on the truck......I was afraid that trying to put them in would crack it plus a lot tree would rake it off.............

I am considering replacing my back windows on my Chevy Van with ones that pop out and close with a latch so the air will flow through the van and out the back instead of through the van and out my side windows. Did I mention it was 101 degrees here yesterday and my machine puts off some serious heat. I can't run my ac because I am affraid it will not be able to keep up with the heat the tm is putting out. That is how an ac really works. They remove the hot air. Running the ac with the tm as hot as it is would be like running a refrigerator with the door open all day. Eventually the compressor would give out.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
danielc said:
I am considering replacing my back windows on my Chevy Van with ones that pop out and close with a latch so the air will flow through the van and out the back instead of through the van and out my side windows. Did I mention it was 101 degrees here yesterday and my machine puts off some serious heat. I can't run my ac because I am affraid it will not be able to keep up with the heat the tm is putting out. That is how an ac really works. They remove the hot air. Running the ac with the tm as hot as it is would be like running a refrigerator with the door open all day. Eventually the compressor would give out.

O.K... dude... the compressor is on when its on... and works the SAME regardless to how hot it is inside your van.

Do yourself a favor and run your dang A/C 8)

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Daniel, The rr pop out windows will help ventilate the van but I've notice that while driving the hot air is drawn in the rr windows and out the side anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom