Snake Skins..

Mikey P

Administrator
I was asked to clean 2 lazy boys that I've used either Chemspec or Masterblend Leather Cleaner and Conditioner before.
I was in the Lima today which is not stocked with either solution so I figured I'd try some Snake Oil on them.

Holey Bawb Vawter's flabby leathery neck but if that damn stuff didn't absolutely kick ass. Along with a horsehair brush and lots of cotton towels those two chairs have never cleaned up so well. Every nook and cranny got degrease and brightened to like new.

I followed up with a fresh water rinse and a application of Mink Oil (which for some reason I did have in my tool box)

Magic Snake Oil indeed...

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
You better hope that snake oil doesn't crystalise overnight and they have white powdery residue in the creases.

Not saying it, will, just had it happen to me on a tile floor I think a number of years ago when I was toying with different products and got stuck on a job without the right juice for tiles.

John

Mikey P

Administrator
Snake crystals are amber in color.

and considering how much whipping and rinsing and conditioning I did, it's hard to imagine any left over pixie dust.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Mike: There is plenty of room in that van for a big stock of chems. I made my own shelves when I used cargo vans that had a curved back and custom shelves that fit the containers I needed. Actually I make the shelves in my box vans too. I use plywood screws and glue. Paint them with white two part epoxy paint that will last for years and they look pretty good. Hang grooming tools and poles from the ceiling. I use pvc tubing to hold items also. I have also used unorthodox cleaners for leather with great results, like you I rinsed well and they came out just fine.

Al

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Just for clarificatiom it was NOT suede? Your talking about the shiny stuff, right?.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mikey P said:
I was asked to clean 2 lazy boys that I've used either Chemspec or Masterblend Leather Cleaner and Conditioner before.
I was in the Lima today which is not stocked with either solution so I figured I'd try some Snake Oil on them.

Holey Bawb Vawter's flabby leathery neck but if that damn stuff didn't absolutely kick ass. Along with a horsehair brush and lots of cotton towels those two chairs have never cleaned up so well. Every nook and cranny got degrease and brightened to like new.

I followed up with a fresh water rinse and a application of Mink Oil (which for some reason I did have in my tool box)

Magic Snake Oil indeed...

cute Mikey..................!

harryhides

Name
Tony
rctpks said:
Tony is disappointed and embarrassed that all his years of experience and vast knowledge of leather was equaled with one glug of Snake Oil. :p

:p

For many years and long before I started to learn about Leather, people have been selling and using products that are either not designed for leather or worse harmful. Same goes for carpet, fabrics or rugs. Many products will appear to work out well but it is a risky, hack approach to one's work as a Professional. Embarrassed - hardly, surprised - nah, disappointed - not really.

Richard probably uses Pert shampoo for cleaning carpets and resolve for spotting.

:mrgreen:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Quit giving out those secrets, those were part of my yet to be unveiled marketing program! :x

Psst want to know what the pro's really use?
Carpet Secrets by Chavez only $999.00
Coming soon! (I need Christmas money)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yep.
From now on I guess we'll wet clean leather with snake oil.

Good for the economy as big ticket items have been steadily declining lately. And will help the average carpet cleaner's home decor.

Surely, mike, you've added MSG. That way it will not just look, but taste delicious.

rick imby

Name
Rick
harryhides said:
rctpks said:
Tony is disappointed and embarrassed that all his years of experience and vast knowledge of leather was equaled with one glug of Snake Oil. :p

:p

For many years and long before I started to learn about Leather, people have been selling and using products that are either not designed for leather or worse harmful. Same goes for carpet, fabrics or rugs. Many products will appear to work out well but it is a risky, hack approach to one's work as a Professional. Embarrassed - hardly, surprised - nah, disappointed - not really.

Richard probably uses Pert shampoo for cleaning carpets and resolve for spotting.

:mrgreen:

I think someone was just called a Hack? Try it and maybe buy it..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom