So someone told me today that Mikey is the founder of 4 to the door?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
It's not really a question, I'm just bringing it up. 4 to the door is the most ridiculous theory.

For some reason, we carpet cleaners would think that the two hoses would evenly split with both water and air in them. When, all it does is, one hose gets the water and the other gets the air, causing a loss in suction, because the air goes where it's easiest to go, and the water created a blockage, therefore you'd lose suction. The goal is to get the air AND water in the waste tank as quickly as possible at the same time. When the two split, the water immediately slows down.

What made me come to this after wasting a couple years playing with 4 to the door and buying another devastator that would help that setup? I just started paying more attention to why I was losing suction when I had heavy amounts of water in the hose. And when I took my hoses off the truck mount at the end of the job, one hose was bone dry, and the other was soaking wet.

So what conclusion have I come to?
First, we need to pull up all the threads where the conclusion on them comes to 4 2 the door being better, and correct it.
Second, Just get one hose and depending on your size of the machine's suction,whether it's a portable or truck mount, go from a single 1.5" to 2.5" hose.

Reactions: Spurlington

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Lifting the wand may be worse than 42door... What numbnuts lifts the wand on every stroke?!?:stir:
I thought about it and was thinking the opposite you guys were. I thought the quicker the water got to the tank, the better. But you punks drilled it in my head that more lift is better.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Mikey P

Administrator
Kemp Waterfall is the first guy I know who tried it

I just coined the term and helped Greenie come up with all those worthless knickknacks.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Nate W.
When you lift the wand, more air enters and clears the wand and hoses.

If you have a "Little Richard" machine... You lose the "lift" every time you lift the wand... Depending on how big your waste tank and hose run is, you'd be shooting yourself in the foot IMHO... But who am I, I'm just a rug sucker.....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Lift, smift, it's the air flow that dries the carpets. Tell that to uncle Larry.
It's an argument that'll always be out there with us. My dry times were good whether I lifted the wand, or left it on the carpet. The main reason I lifted my wand was to listen to the suction. If it quieted down, that meant that I hit a dry soap spot and it lathered up, so I'd go back slower on the rinse until the sound improved. But you guys harassed the crap out of me on lifting the wand and it made me paranoid. So now, you punks got you wanted

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Kemp Waterfall is the first guy I know who tried it

I just coined the term and helped Greenie come up with all those worthless knickknacks.
Who the heck is Kemp Waterfall? I don't know Kemp. I know you. We need to fix it because there's a ton of new guys out there still trying this stuff

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
You are right one hose does get more water and air through it. But what it does is keeps more air moving through the hose. Personally I don't use it, because the little gain is not worth the extra set up time.
Lifting the wand is like opening a door on a water loss to remove some of the humidity so that there is more room for the water. If your hose fills with water you will definitely lose suction.
When you pick up the wand you won't lose all your lift unless you have a small blower.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I think RA invented the 4 to the door a year or so after he invented Internet forums. :stir:

Seriously though I love 4 to the door. I only use it on big jobs where I have a lot of hose out 250' + runs. I do notice an increase in airflow at the wand when I add the extra 50-100' of hose. Residential cleaning with a max of 150" is pointless.
As far as the loading of the hose to me it wouldn't really matter that much because if one hose loaded with water then the water would be diverted to the second hose until the first hose was cleared out. Most truckmounts have an internal 3" hose so the extra 1" on the 4 to the door is really just wasted space. But I suppose that it would depend on your truckmounts.
2.5" hose is the way to go if you have the space on the truck to carry it.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

smart n kleen

yor NOT helping yor cause....!
How about a picture

IMG_0721.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom