So.... Terry, I got an idea.

Mikey P

Administrator
You are more then obviously a do it yourselfer type guy. You have made your own truckmounts, pretty much use typical supermarket type cleaning solutions for spotting as well as making your own glides, booster boxes etc. Every one who has ever met you or talked to you on the phone is impressed with your knowledge and inovations.
I can't argue with you that all a wannabe businessman could ever want to know can be found at the public library or community collage.

From what you've told me off the boards you have a very successful, self 1.5 truck operation.

I would like to propose that you use our Hot Seat format or, even better, some podium time at the upcoming Mikefest to share with your brothers here your knowledge.

I cant but help think that there are many here who can't afford to take the time off to attend a SFS or the hard earned dough for the BRC manuals.

So how would you feel about giving us some tips on what classes you feel would benefit a typical office OO who does his own books at night or multi truck office manager?

What books would you suggest? Not only the motivational, pull up your pants and hit the pavement (Emyth) types that clutter up Border's, but step by step, build your home based job to a real business one can sell down the road type books.

I would imagine you would have plenty of marketing suggestions as well. I know you have had great results from Val Pak, but what else do you suggest for those who don't want to blow a 25% of their income on a YP ad?

I believe stepping up at Mikefest would be better for you since you have local competitors signed in here but it's up to you.

Think about it and let me know..

What do the rest of you think?

Mikey P

Administrator
Why do you say that JB?

I bet he would love it and so would the audience.

I know I would.

Especially if he told great stories like Chuck, Bill and Steve.

Mikey P

Administrator
I would imagine you could take a young guy off the streets who has never even heard of a Rug Doctor before and in two years time have him set up with a damn nice growing business.

Right?

I'll comp the $100 MF fee if you speak, how's that?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll splurge for the Mini Putt at the Boardwalk if, and only if you get a standing ovation like Toburen did.

And just to be fair, I'll pay for your bus ticket if you get a Vac Tattoo.

G

Odie...

Make sure you have mICKie remove the brown MnMs from the bowl that is to be always full in your room...

G

I'd like to see Odin on the hotseat. I think he is a pretty interesting guy. I am surprise that he is bald and doesn't have a beard though.

Mikey P

Administrator
I wish he would too.

He would be treated with as much respect as any of the past Sitters have.

And considering that he is no longer a supporting member he wouldn't have to worry about being called a curmudgeon, racketeer, hack, alcoholic, drug user or slave driver by one of his alter egos since he could not view the interview..

harryhides

Name
Tony
You had better behave Marty - I know all about duh Oh rings !!!

If Marty wasn't such a chicken shit he'd also make a great guest - I've learned so much from you Marty as in what NOT to do.

Odin would make a good guest - problem is he doesn't realize that many of the things he takes for granted would be very useful to the newbies.

DevilDog

Listen, I have talked to him a few times on the phone.

I am not one bit impressed with him....not even close.

He is a blowhard and cheapskate.

Anyone who has talked to him knows all he does is talk about how smart he is. LMAO!!

And anyone who CONSTANTLY runs down some of this industries leaders like he does gets nothing from me. And I am sure he could care less!!

So what if he makes his own glides. BFD. Most of us could do the same....we just have better things to do with our time.

Do you KNOW the quality of cleaning he delivers? So how do you know his homemade concoctions work? You don't really.

Let him spout off and make dumb comment after dumb comment. If that impresses you. So be it.

DevilDog

Bob Foster

Just for that T is going to bombard Vancouver with $39 whole house valpaks for the next year to raise the standard of cleaning in Vancouver WA - remember you too can live better electrically.

DevilDog

LOL! Bob, that was funny!!

Hey, Brevik does well, I will give him that.

But my goodness, he is not some fricken genius.

Marty, does that mean I am being an ass. Because I am really trying hard not to be.

DevilDog

Mikey P

Administrator
I agree with Todd.

I have walked away from a Brevick phone call for over five minutes and came back to hear him still pounding his chest.

He is Billy Hicks with a sense of humor.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
That is funny coming from the two biggest chest pounders on the board. :shock:

G

DevilDog said:
Well at least I have a chest to pound.

And it is for good reason.

DevilDog

GOOD REASON???

He must have worn out what he usually pounds...

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Re:

harryhides said:
If Marty wasn't such a chicken shit he'd also make a great guest - I've learned so much from you Marty as in what NOT to do.

That is awesomely funny!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom