Solution hose reel

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
Everyone seems to be buying them. I do like their set ups. But my solution and water line are on the back doors which I hate, however I am not going to change it up because my goal is to get a Cleanco 47 with the electric reels out the side doors.

J. Brightwell

Name
David Moynihan
Never heard of them. Look like Rokan reels only with colors.

What's supposed to be different?

They look to be a better fit for mounting on the floor in front of the vacuum reel. A little wider and lower profile which - I think - would allow the vacuum hose to easily slide up and over the solution reel. The Rokan solution reels are narrower but taller and with the floor mounting bracket looks like it could get in the way when reeling in the vac hose. I have a fresh water tank so real estate is limited. I don't want to put the solution reel on the door so the most convenient place is directly in front of the vac reel. The reason I am moving the solution reel is to make it easier to get the Cimex, BrushPro, 175, etc. in and out of the van.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They look to be a better fit for mounting on the floor in front of the vacuum reel. A little wider and lower profile which - I think - would allow the vacuum hose to easily slide up and over the solution reel. The Rokan solution reels are narrower but taller and with the floor mounting bracket looks like it could get in the way when reeling in the vac hose. I have a fresh water tank so real estate is limited. I don't want to put the solution reel on the door so the most convenient place is directly in front of the vac reel. The reason I am moving the solution reel is to make it easier to get the Cimex, BrushPro, 175, etc. in and out of the van.
I really don't like that install, it fits but doesn't work so well in practical use.

Your vacuum hose will on occasion hit your solution hose when rolling up. It will become a pita.

No room to mount to the reel itself? We've modified some and made there own self standing post to mount the solution to. that's worked out pretty well on some installs when we can't mount without it being in the way.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I recently purchased reels from Reel Innovations. They are a bit on the high side, but they are very nice reels. Mine is an electric vac reel and two solution reels mounted on the floor in front of the vac reel.

Duane, the guy I dealt with, was real helpful and professional. He did raise RA's name a couple of time which almost cost him the sale.

J. Brightwell

Name
David Moynihan
I did exactly what you want to do with my Rokans.

Do you want a picture?

Absolutely. Thanks.
No room to mount to the reel itself?

It's on the vac reel now which makes getting some of the floor machines in and out a pain. The water tank was mounted at the rear of the van (that's where it was when I bought it) so it pushes the vac reel over a couple of feet and puts the solution reel directly over the space for the floor machines.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
IMG_20160223_111350.jpg

J. Brightwell

Name
David Moynihan
Can you post a photo as well?
If you mean a picture of the current set up, here it is. Headed to a job with carpet and tile & grout. Back to front, is the 175; carry-in bag with spotters, slides, towels, etc.; and BrushPro with SX-12 and SX-7. You can see how the solution reel gets in the way.

Attachments

• IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 279

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I've seen guys mount either the vac reel or solution reel from the ceilings, I think it's pretty nice that way.
A guy local to me showed me his vac reel mounted upside down from the roof. Pretty awesome.....

CanadianRuss

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Teskey
Everyone seems to be buying them. I do like their set ups. But my solution and water line are on the back doors which I hate, however I am not going to change it up because my goal is to get a Cleanco 47 with the electric reels out the side doors.
Cleanco 47 is what I run. Pretty good machine. I would recommend going with the last step chemical injection option. I did have some problems with my Chem feed until the last step chemical injection was added

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kellie
Do you need a diagram? :winky:

Seriously, it is down stream from the heat source and the pumping system. That avoids any chemical build up to the plumbing.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Don't you guys find your solution hose reels take up to much space. I have always found it easier to coil and hang my solution hoses and it gives me more flexible space for other items. Also for residential jobs, I have a 100' coil and a 120'coil hanging just inside my sliding door. I quickly grab whichever one is most appropiate and brin it in with my hydroforce and begin uncoiling it to the truck. I find with a reel, you usually unreel so much to bring inside and the drag the rest across the ground. Seems like more work.

Mikey P

Administrator
Don't you guys find your solution hose reels take up to much space. I have always found it easier to coil and hang my solution hoses and it gives me more flexible space for other items. Also for residential jobs, I have a 100' coil and a 120'coil hanging just inside my sliding door. I quickly grab whichever one is most appropiate and brin it in with my hydroforce and begin uncoiling it to the truck. I find with a reel, you usually unreel so much to bring inside and the drag the rest across the ground. Seems like more work.

Cant argue with that.

Reels just look better.

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
I would rather not coil the hoses if I can avoid it, especially in the colder months. Reels make winding a snap. Reels do look better, and more organized. I have people looking inside the van constantly.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Yeah, there's no way I would want to have to coil the hoses after use.

I would rather not coil the hoses if I can avoid it, especially in the colder months.

The benefit(to me) of hand coiling is, at the next job I'm ready to go. Go to farthest point and unroll back to van.

If I put it on a reel, I'd just have to take it off and roll it to bring inside. I'm not a grip it(hose) and rip it through the house type.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom