Solution hose reel

rjwood

Faux Fosythe
Name
Me
The benefit(to me) of hand coiling is, at the next job I'm ready to go. Go to farthest point and unroll back to van.

If I put it on a reel, I'd just have to take it off and roll it to bring inside. I'm not a grip it(hose) and rip it through the house type.
I agree completely, there are benefits to not reeling hoses and I go back and forth on the issue. I have a 50' vacuum hose and 100' solution hose coiled up on my van for easy access, unrolling and trying to keep clean. It's the recoiling that's annoying for me, and as I said especially so in colder weather. But again, I totally see your point.

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
It does sound easier for the unrolling aspect, but it's just as easy for me to unroll it in a figure 8 around my arm, carry it in and drop as I go. I'm actually pretty darn good at unrolling just the right amount!
But when rolling up, it just seems like it would take too much time...and I'm horrible at coiling hoses!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
there is a method to coiling hoses, if I figure out how to take a proper video, I"ll post one. I agree with the look, all the hoses on a reel looks nice. My last truck with reels was my hydramaster. I left the vac hose on the reel but found that it was just so much easier to hang my solution hoses. It's takes me seconds to coil a 100' solution hose. With my smaller van it's more a matter of space. The hose reel takes up a large permanent space, where by hanging, I can kind of brush past them. I recently saw a new hydramaster with the fresh water tank and built in hose reels (cradle) and have to admit it looks very professional.

Name
Scott Turknett
Unfortunately the price for them is beyond ridiculous.
I thought so too until I swollowed hard and wrote the check. The hydracradle is a great value. They don't mention that it doesn't just shut off water flow like my old butler, but also restarts it too. They don't mention that the motor is so strong that it has no trouble winding up 250' of vacuum hose laid out straight. They don't mention that the motor will pull the vac hose through a hoser with no trouble. It is also amazing that I still have 175 cu ft of space in the back of my van after the machine and hoses

Able 1

Name
Keith
I have mine mounted above the machine.. I carry in the lead hose.
1457910957018.jpg

Reactions: Nomad74
Name
Nate W.
I uncoil my 100' hose from the van to the door.. I hand coil my solution lines with the over and under technique so I don't have tangles and it uncoil itself..

Maybe one day when I grow up I'll setup my van for production and not like a part timer..

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
Best part is minimal wasted space (my van is a mess btw, lots of mud now).
1457924069416.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
What you don't think it will fit? Bissell here, but most my custy's are trained..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom