Something smells fishy

I just picked up two rugs. The guy told me the other company he was using said they couldn't clean them. They use portables but actually know how to clean somewhat. After looking at them they are Macy's wool rugs and well constructed. No big deal. The rugs look like they came off the showroom floor. Not one spot and no animals so no urine. I asked why they were having them cleaned and the wife replied because we have only had them cleaned once before. Why didn't the other company clean them? They were sitting on wood floors. Could that have been the issue? They have a shop so they could have picked them up. Maybe they didn't feel like lugging them around for the rest of the day. Or these people could be insanely difficult to please. Man I hope not. I just don't see many clean rugs needing to be cleaned.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Maybe the other cleaners just weren't comfortable cleaning wool rug. But as long as you do thorough pretesting of the dyes, you should be fine.

You can always ask the customer what they are hoping to achieve by having them cleaned. Nothing wrong with a little honest and open communication.

Name
I'm Rick James
You would be shocked the amount of soil a rug can hold. Be thankful for the easy ones, but watch out for the bad rugs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom