Sometimes, you just have to put your foot down...at the risk of customer service.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
With the introduction of women here I'm finding they bring more Drama.
Like around the holidays when the men sit around and watch football and the women are fighting in the kitchen .

And I thought this was like a corner bar where MEN talk smack and BS.
I come here to get away from women!

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
With the introduction of women here I'm finding they bring more Drama.
Like around the holidays when the men sit around and watch football and the women are fighting in the kitchen .

And I thought this was like a corner bar where MEN talk smack and BS.
I come here to get away from women!

Or just don't respond with comments that don't better someone's post asking or inquiring about a subject that is important to them.

Last edited:

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Just one suggestion...spell check your quote, I see about 4 or 5 words that are spelled incorrectly.

Spellchecker probably wouldn't catch all of them. Wrong word, correctly spelled.

I know...and I am the one that reviews all estimates, invoices etc. before they go out. They needed this ASAP and I wasn't able to get to it. It was written by the tech and had to go out before I had a chance to proof it. It should have never gone out that way, but it did. Then they had it for a week, plenty of time to get other bids or dig into it before calling us and telling us to go ahead. I thought we weren't going to get the job because it was all hurry up....then we heard nothing.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Oh well, this day and age nobody probably noticed anyways, I can't tell you how bad the proofreading of our local newspaper is.

So you made us wait for it, so what was the resolution?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'll see if my wife can start posting here..............as soon as she finishes the laundry.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'll see if she will post something. Perhaps we can all sit around and have a neighborhood coffee klatch and listen to the gossip around the neighborhood.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
So you made us wait for it, so what was the resolution?

When we had our first meeting with the "head" guy and the distributor to sort this out, one of the things the head guy said to the distributor was "You need to get together with these guys. They are a top notch outfit and you'd do good to have a relationship with them." Of course I thanked him for the kind words.....

Fast forward to the second meeting, phone call and email I posted....

After I sent the email, I received a voicemail from the head guy. "I heard about your call with XXXX, and we got your email. Give me a call". And for the first time leaves his personal cell number.

I'm sh*tting myself (@Jimmy L , you wife can clean my underwear for me since she's doing laundry) . This has had me in knots for over a week of back and forth.

Get him on the phone....

Tells me he's grateful for the discount I'm extending. He really appreciates what we've done. Told me they aren't getting reimbursed from their client (they are a sub-contractor to this facility) and he has to eat the rest of it so what I'm giving as a discount helps him out. He said we can all chalk this up to a horrible learning experience. He ended with, "I meant what I said about you to XXXX. You guys are a top notch outfit. I hope you will still work for us and continue to do the carpets. We hope this hasn't damaged our relationship with you".

My mouth hit the floor. Never did I expect that. I graciously thanked him for the kind words and assured him that we wanted to continue our relationship with them and that, honestly I thought that THEY wouldn't want to work with us again after this.

All is right in the world again.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I guess I'm more confused than ever now

the owners/managers weren't the custy?
and you were sub'd by the owners/manager's contracted maintenance outfit??

he ate the lose for YOUR lack of knowledge/experience??:eekk:

Regardless
congratulations Meg
that's an extraordinary feat .
a dazzling array of how to shift responsibility from where the majority of it belongs ...and still get paid

well played, Dear, well played

..L.T.A.

Reactions: ronbeatty

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I guess I'm more confused than ever now
the owners/managers weren't the custy?
and you were sub'd by the owners/manager's contracted maintenance outfit??

The facility/owner subs out all the facility services and day to day facilities maintenance to the company that contracted us. The facility maintenance company handles everything from HVAC , plumbing, interior and exterior maintenance. The facility service company is the one that subs the carpet cleaning to us. They subbed this project to us. The facility services company designated a contact person to us (who was not the head guy) who we met with and sent the estimate/proposal to.

Lack of communication breakdown happened. Question is....was it from the "owners" of the facility to the facility management company.....facility management company "manager/head guy"to his internal person that communicated to us, the facility management company representative to us... When the facility owners saw the floor they didn't want to pay or reimburse the facility management company for the job. So, I assume the "owners" were the ones not happy with the final out come and they didn't want to pay. Facility management company is "caught" in the middle. We had to help them look good to their client (building owner). So, we did discount for some of the work we did, and the facilities management company had to eat the rest....ultimately they didn't do their due diligence as the party responsible/hired by the building owners to maintain this surface.

Our "facility mangement' contact person told us the floors looked "great" the following day. The day after we got the call that "they" were not happy. I still don't know if "they" were his immediate bosses (facility management company, management) or the "owners" of the facility. At this point we don't know...and we didn't ask, but again, I assume it was the owners/management of the building. I also now question whether the facilities management company tacked on some money or charged the owners more than our estimate. I know it happens all the time when we are a sub for someone else. They bump up their price to get a cut.

I think we got the response we did from the Head 'facilities management" guy, because he realized somewhere along the line someone from his team didn't communicate the desired result from us. Thus his 'chalk it up to a horrible learning experience for all of us' statement. Facilities management company never outright took any part of ownership (while we did), but I think his response and the fact they didn't push for more shows they know they had a part in this.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Sorry but I don't see how it is Meg's fault simply because she didn't ask how shiny they wanted the floors...

On a typical job I normally walk the customer through the process of educating them about the difference between finishes and sealants, the performance of each, and the degree of shine they can expect.

In this case Meg was dealing with a maintenance company who should actually know something about maintenance, especially since they chose to specify the product she had to use.

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Sorry but I don't see how it is Meg's fault

not "all" her fault .
The facilities contractor is an idiot and most certainly bares some blame
After all, he agreed to sub an inexperienced company that charged as much (or more) than the highest priced EXPERIENCED/KNOWLEDGEABLE hard surface contractor would charge

Meg doesn't want to accept any responsibility...when in fact the major reason the job turned to sheeit is due mostly to their complete lack of experience/knowledge .

when you represent yourself as a professional, and charge top dollar, you ought to know what you're doing and not "learn on the job"

just my opinion

..L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
i believe Larr musta been a bottle baby
as he seems to try to run off all the wimims
that come on here.......
come on Larr...get wit the motor boat thingy....will ya?

Name
Rifleman
Terrazzo floors should be treated like natural stone, honed, hardner, polished, then sealed. Very expensive system but that would get the results they want, which will last a long time. The floors are probably all scratched and not reflecting to light for that shine they are looking for. And you will never get that clean look by just apply sealers or other top coats.

Reactions: ronbeatty and Askal

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom