Spinner Tool for Tile and Grout

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
How's the Mytee Spinner?
What about their counter tool?

I want something that will work with the porty and the truckmount. (I'm pretty sure every tool will, but I could be wrong)

I've got the counter tool. It's a decent little tool, but sometimes it seems to have a hard time recovering all the water its puttin down. Use it alot around toilets and other tight areas where it's hard to get with the sx-12. I also like the fact that it's square shaped. Makes corners a breeze.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Gary;

While I like Mytee Breeze extractors ....,

the Turbo-Hybrid is the tool of craftsmen.

It cleans closer to the wall and gets under toekicks better.

Larry

Mikey P

Administrator
The Turbo Hybrid has a lower profile and larger vacuum slots.

The SX12 and Mytee use holes instead of slots. Plan on spending lots of time unplugging those holes.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i have the sx12 and i almost never unplug anything. i did make the holes a little larger then original so maybe that's why. it fits under cabinets just fine. what i hate is the outer ring is a brush and gets full of crap. i never clean it but it bothers me. i would rather have a teflon ring.

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mikey P said:
The Turbo Hybrid has a lower profile and larger vacuum slots.

The SX12 and Mytee use holes instead of slots. Plan on spending lots of time unplugging those holes.

you better look at the new mytees...it has holes and slots

i modified mine to some slots as well...

almost to much airflow, sometimes it locks down :shock:

Name
Nate W.
GeneMiller said:
i have the sx12 and i almost never unplug anything. i did make the holes a little larger then original so maybe that's why. it fits under cabinets just fine. what i hate is the outer ring is a brush and gets full of crap. i never clean it but it bothers me. i would rather have a teflon ring.

gene

From what I've read about the brush ring and teflon ring, the brush is better and no chance of scratching to tile if debris get stuck? Am I correct or not?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Nate The Great said:
GeneMiller said:

gene

From what I've read about the brush ring and teflon ring, the brush is better and no chance of scratching to tile if debris get stuck? Am I correct or not?

yes you are correct....if the plastic ring gets a piece of grit under it ..it could make a scratch....
on some types of tile cleaners the brush aerates as it pulls the air threw and on some chemicals will cause foaming.......

Name
Nate W.
Jim Martin said:
[quote="Nate The Great":1jwyy8nu]
GeneMiller said:

gene

yes you are correct....if the plastic ring gets a piece of grit under it ..it could make a scratch....
on some types of tile cleaners the brush aerates as it pulls the air threw and on some chemicals will cause foaming.......[/quote:1jwyy8nu]

Thanks for clarifing it Jim M. I guess it's a give and take situation. Either chance of scratching or bubbles.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
GeneMiller said:

gene

Thanks for the idea to make the vacuum holes bigger. Also thanks for the supportive comments.

The brush ring can be removed and you can use the hard plastic ring. Your choice. Use the right outer ring for the floor you are cleaning .

Gary T

If you plan on doing a lot of T&G, the Turbo is the way to go. It out performs all the other tools out there. It out vacs the other ones without sticking to the floor. There is a spring loaded vac compensator on the deck, and also a slide relief on the tube for you guys with lots of vac. If you don't do much T&G and want to save a few bucks, opt for one of the other spinners.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
SX-12 or other tools with a hard plastic ring could scratch soft stone if some abrasive soil gets under the ring. However, ceramic or porcelain tile will not scratch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom