"Spinnergy diamonds pads from Bridgepoint"

BUSY BEE

I just recieved the e-mail a few days ago. I'm sure there's some Bridgepoint fans here but this is a joke. These pads are not true stone restoration, they are just like Monkey Pads: Maintenace pads at best. If these things are stone restoration then a Rug Doctor at the local grocery store is true carpet cleaning.
It's my opinion and my opinion only: if any of you guys are gonna get into stone, do it the right way with resin diamond pads and powders. And get hands on training by TOG Stonehouse, MB Stone, Dave Gelinas, Michael Stonehenge, Fred Hueston, Tom McNall, NSRA......etc

Mikey P

Administrator
What do you mean "just like"?

They are Monkey Pads.

or at least what they call Monkey Pads...

Who knows what they really are.

BUSY BEE

that's the problem. sure maybe you can put a little gloss on a tumbled stone, who know's? but on marble or trav ? forget about it!!! if i remember correct .........the directions say the ground must be flat with no lippage...WHAT'S THE FUC^&* POINT THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They serve no purpose excpt making the almighty $$$$$$$$$

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
LOL Bill - I feel you man, i've gotten all the emails myself and think about those pads just like you do.

I believe they are HTC pads, monkey and spinnergy private labels them i've been told.

It is what it is.

BUSY BEE

Mikey P said:
Do you have anger issues Bill?
Sorry, that was when the beer really kicked in on me. No anger issues, just intoxication issues, that 2nd post belongs in the Bird Room. Maybe you should move it over there for it's right place.

BUSY BEE

tmdry said:
LOL Bill - I feel you man, i've gotten all the emails myself and think about those pads just like you do.

I believe they are HTC pads, monkey and spinnergy private labels them i've been told.

It is what it is.
Hi Bill. Diamond Impregnated Hogs Hair Pads, to me they're all the same. The marketing of it is what bothers me. What I'm trying to get across is: I'm Informing carpet cleaners that these things aren't the way to go if they're gonna get into stone restoration. stone shouldn't be treated as an "upsell, add on, etc". The way these guys market at carpet cleaners is insulting. "So easy a Monkey can do it" c'mon man, I took total offense to that. I've spent thousands of $$$ and many hours learning stone restoration. IT is not as easy as they make it out to be, and it doesn't produce the correct results. LIke I said before: If these pads are stone restoration, then a Rug Doctor is true carpet cleaning. I hope that stays in people's heads when considering buying these things.

BUSY BEE

Mikey P said:
I think their super for honed floors.

Polished?

fagedaboudit.
Ah......................... now that my heads clear. If it's honed then use powders they're cheaper. I get alumimun oxide powders from a guy in So Cal for $35 3lbs. Stone Tech is BFing everyone at 1.9 lbs at $60. I can't remembers MB's prices but they're fair as well.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I get my powders from This Old Grout, its $20 for a 2lbs container.

Monkey type pads are good for guys that are just starting out, they are pretty idiot proof so they are great for seeing if stone work is your thing, if the floor needs restoration & you are getting paid for restoration then use powders &\or disks.

BUSY BEE

Jim Nazarian said:
I get my powders from This Old Grout, its $20 for a 2lbs container.

Monkey type pads are good for guys that are just starting out, they are pretty idiot proof so they are great for seeing if stone work is your thing, if the floor needs restoration & you are getting paid for restoration then use powders &\or disks.
are TOG's powders aluminum oxide or tin oxide? I couldn't get the MSDS on their powders only chemicals.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bill;

There are a couple of good stone polish pads on the market.

The diamond-coated floor pads start at 400 grit, and go up to 3000/8000 grit.

They will polish a level scratched stone floor quite well.

We also have a powder polish, and rigid 4" diamond pads for metal driving discs.

The correct solution depends on the condition of the floor ...

and if any lippage is involved.

Larry

Name
Ron lippold
now wait just a minute. I have been using these pads for a year now a have had great results. I explain that it will not take care of lippage but it will make the floor super shinny, and thats what they want. To tell me they dont work is bs, you stone premadonas just kill me.

Get this IT IS ALL ABOUT THE ALL MIGHTY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

so kma

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
BUSY BEE said:
tmdry said:

It is what it is.
Hi Bill. Diamond Impregnated Hogs Hair Pads, to me they're all the same. The marketing of it is what bothers me. What I'm trying to get across is: I'm Informing carpet cleaners that these things aren't the way to go if they're gonna get into stone restoration. stone shouldn't be treated as an "upsell, add on, etc". The way these guys market at carpet cleaners is insulting. "So easy a Monkey can do it" c'mon man, I took total offense to that. I've spent thousands of $$$ and many hours learning stone restoration. IT is not as easy as they make it out to be, and it doesn't produce the correct results. LIke I said before: If these pads are stone restoration, then a Rug Doctor is true carpet cleaning. I hope that stays in people's heads when considering buying these things.

i was just gonna say dont tell ron about it, but he did post before this...

Whats funny ron, its kinda like if you heard a about a guy cleaning carpets with a 2 or 4 flow at 140 degrees with a 33 blower..... Tell me how you feel about that????

sure they get the carpet "clean" is sprayed and sucked clean??? "it gets wet mam it just doesnt get it ALL out"

kinda the same thing there ron..Sure it MAkes it kinda shiny, but id bet those of us who have used powders could make it pop better and maybe faster...

Name
Ron lippold
I wish there was enough rock around here to justify thousands in training and thousands in diamonds. Some day I might invest in that old school way of thinking, but probally not.

PA280609.jpg

PA280616.jpg

BUSY BEE

sorry Ron but I'm not impressed, you could have done better if you were doing it the right way. Go to my website and look at the home page, look at the clarity on that travertine, that was done the correct way -RESIN DIAMOND PADS.

BUSY BEE

Ron Lippold said:
now wait just a minute. I have been using these pads for a year now a have had great results. I explain that it will not take care of lippage but it will make the floor super shinny, and thats what they want. To tell me they dont work is bs, you stone premadonas just kill me.

Get this IT IS ALL ABOUT THE ALL MIGHTY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

so kma
have you ever used resin diamond pads or powders? I can tell it's all about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ by looking at some of yer pictures

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've messed around with the monkey pads, but cannot compare clarity by using diamonds. People will pay for quality, never had anyone bitch about the price.

BUSY BEE

hurricane said:
I got the pads 30 days late, plus a week waiting for return labels and 20% restock fee.
Brutal...a below average product and service. What a winning combination!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom