spotting advice needed

Someone broke into a home I have to clean, stole the toilets, and got blue toilet bowl cleaner or additive on the carpet.

I think it's kind of spread out through the home.

KMA!

Any advice would be appreciated.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ohh thats a good question....

from my janitorial back ground....

i wonder if it has a slightly acidic side, and thus has penetrated the fiber like a acid dye???

humm if no one has a thought...then test a few things is about all you can do...

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
never seen it on carpet but i saw it on marble and they had a tough time getting it out. i think the blue tablets have bleach in them so that would mean it's bleach proof.

gene

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
This is from Pro's Choice website.

STAIN TYPE: BLUE (TOILET BOWL)

TOOLS REQUIRED: HWE and Carpet Shark.
CHEMICALS REQUIRED: Stain Magic and Power Gel.

PROCEDURE:

Step 1. Apply a dilute solution (20:1) of Power Gel.
Step 2. Agitate gently but thoroughly.
Step 3. Hot water extraction clean. Leave as dry as possible using multiple vacuum only wand strokes and blot dry with towel.
Step 4. Apply Stain Magic evenly with trigger sprayer.
Step 5. Agitate gently to assure penetration.
Step 6. Allow area to dry completely.

Tip: The stain will fade away as it reacts with the Stain Magic. Reaction time will vary.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Actually doug, I just used my Iphone app and it had it listed so I just cut and paste from the website instead of typing it out.

S

sam miller

still this could be a large area and might be better to replace then spend hours and hours to try and fix. I would try an area see how long it would take then see if its worth it or not.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Toilet Bowl Cleaner – Acid Type

Description
Acid bowl cleaners commonly include phosphoric acid or the stronger muriatic acid (hydrogen Chloride). Bleach may also be present. Phosphoric acid products may be successfully removed. Stronger acids and bleach can remove color from carpet and even melt nylon fibers. This spill will often require color repair or bonded insert replacement.

Degree of Difficulty 5

Tools Required
• Extraction equipment
• Handi Brush or Handi Groom
• White cotton towels
• Flash Spotter or Spot Claw by Water Claw

Chemicals Required
• Bridgepoint Protein Spotter
• Bridgepoint StainZONE

Procedures
1) Acids should be neutralized as soon as possible to prevent further damage. Apply Protein Spotter liberally. Allow a few minutes dwell time.
2) Flush using Flash Spotter or Spot Claw. Introduce water around the outside of the stain while applying vacuum through the spotting tool. Continue until extracted water runs clear. Continue vacuum to get carpet as dry as possible.
4) Apply RedZONE. Gently work into fibers using Handi Brush or Handi Groom
5) Allow several minutes for RedZone to work and then extract. If necessary, apply additional RedZONE along with heat using a wallpaper steamer or steam iron over damp white towel. Check progress every 30 seconds. Stain should be gone in 2 to 3 minutes.
6) If carpet is damaged or discoloration remains, replace affected area with a boned insert using Kool Glide Seam iron.

Name
R.J. Povio
I had an apartment complex spill a blue toilet bowl tablet on a 100% nylon carpet. I rinsed with HWE. I used a couple POG type products then rinsed again with no luck. I extracted really well then dried with a cotton rag. Then sprayed Stain Magic on it.....the spot instantly disappeared! Ive never seen Stain Magic work like that ever before!

The maintenance guys at this complex now call us the "Fuckin Magicians"

It came out!!!

Blue spot about 2' in diameter.

I'm thinking it came out mainly because it was poly carpet.

SP mixed hot so it bubbled real good is all I needed.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Dan,
You would have been phucked if it was nylon.

Scott,
Your stain removal advice sucks as bad as interlink's customer service. How would a protein spotter and peroxide help remove an acid dye?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom