How long since last cleaning?
How much they willing to pay?

Without seeing it, $500 to $1000.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Got pictures of it?

A non profit called us to clean 50 chairs, 10 couches and 5,000 sq ft. of carpet. She said she was calling around to 3 other companies because price was a high factor. I told her we won't be the cheapest, so when those guys send you the quotes you can call us back and I can compare. No point in going out there to measure and quote when your calling the cheap guys to do the same.

Usually w these ballrooms, hotels, large offices I try to reach .18 to .20 sq ft. Smaller commercial goes around .24-26sq ft.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what's your production rate pr hour ?
How much does it take for your biz to break even? (probably more than you think)
How much "net" dough do you want/need to make a living?

if you can't answer ALL those questions, you might want to get that square first

If wide open, not a ton of tables and chairs to move, or excessive gum
I'd bank jack at 20cents sf

.L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We would be .12-.15 depending on soil load, logistics, time of service.

Commercial rates don't relate well to residential. Generally fewer contents and wide open spaces allow high production rates compared to residential.

My father was charging .10 back in 1967. :winky:

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I do a country club dining room that's probably similar. .15 a sq. ft. puts me in the $100 an hour range using a truckmount. If it's got some bad high traffic areas maybe more, but I wouldn't think a ball room would be too dirty.

There may be guys with swirly machines bidding much lower that can bust out that much carpet in 30 minutes.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
We can clean faster with a Zipper than we can with a Cimex, production wise. Hose runs, setup and tear down add to the equation.

I may have to get me one of them Zippers. Does it speed up residential production? Does it reduce back stress?

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
We would be .12-.15 depending on soil load, logistics, time of service.

Commercial rates don't relate well to residential. Generally fewer contents and wide open spaces allow high production rates compared to residential.

My father was charging .10 back in 1967. :winky:
That's what we get in the red state below you, not 67 prices!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Able 1

Name
Keith
With 2 trucks and 3 guys $320 an hour is what I shoot for.. Me and my guy with one truck $180 is the goal.. By myself, $130 or so is good..

By square foot, no job is the same, so it's hard to say.. We do give two estimates, one with the 175, and one without(most go with it).

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
3 Quote people aren't my clients...LOL Real question is what is your willingness to work for Will?

On a side note...This Chinese guy called me to do all the tile you see @ Aliante Movie theaters and wanted to me to work for $300...Wall tile, floor tile, men's and women's room 12 stalls, lobby, multiple levels...I literally told him are you f'ing crazy? He said what would I charge him? I said without doing any math, $5000...

These guys are hired to maintain the movie theaters as they were giving a paycheck every month, and now they want some slave to work for them...Are you kidding me?

Last edited:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I wonder him many sf Larry can paint in an hour?

cathedral ceilings or flat?
My two best guys can blow out a 1500sf 3 bd rm/2 bath house in a day if same color paint (ceilings, walls, and closets)
add another 1/2 day (8 man hours) if doors, jambs, case and base molding needs painted

But just like CC'ing, none are as good or as fast as me

idiot

..L.T.A.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
cathedral ceilings or flat?
My two best guys can blow out a 1500sf 3 bd rm/2 bath house in a day if same color paint (ceilings, walls, and closets)
add another 1/2 day (8 man hours) if doors, jambs, case and base molding needs painted

But just like CC'ing, none are as good or as fast as me

idiot

..L.T.A.
Wow. Jambs casing and base in 8 hours. That is fast.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Wow. Jambs casing and base in 8 hours. That is fast.

yep..that's contingent on it not needing washed and only dust wiped as well going with same color

and that's my two best painters .
I taught them it's quicker to pull the hinges off doors and jambs rather than trying to cut brush around them.
allows use of Wooster mini-rollers which are speedy quick on jambs compared to brush.
They're also used on most of the case molding
trim pads on most of the base
Then they can rip thru the wall sides of case and tops of base with brush.... no need to worry about getting paint on walls cause they get painted after the trim

very efficient = $$$$

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Askal

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I don't believe there is really such thing as a "going" sq ft rate.

Better to first establish a sq ft "range", which is agreed to be best determined by taking into account all the conditions involved, and converting your estimated time-to-completion (hours) into a sq ft rate based on the total sq footage.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
get it up BEFORE it dries with wet microfiber towel..piece of cake
But I freak the fck out on 'em when they don't use drops ..fo-reel.
we're not hacks and we don't work cheap..I'll chew a sumbitches head off if they can't work in a "professional" manner

.L.T.A.
Few things burn me up more than following a hack paint job, and the silly expectations that paint is easily removed, and that any attempts at removal is part of a normal cleaning.

I don't mind taking care or a few small spots if I can, but more than that is not my problem unless you willing to pay for it.

I don't work on my knees cheap.

Back
Top Bottom