Square Scrubbers

I friend of mine is going to view the demoing of a scrubber you can use for removing finish off a floor (vct), without the use of any stripper. Supposedly this machine takes off a few coats at a time.The machine sells for under 3 grand. A large franchise is also interested. Anybody have any imput on these machines? Square scrub,inc.Thanks, Ron

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
saw the demo on there site. looked cool. but it makes dust.. and i was wondering if the wax dust is worse than the stripper fumes.

plus i wonder if some wax coating would bind up in the Sanding pad.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
It's just an OP machine... I have one (a different color) that I use for stairs...

C&S said:
saw the demo on there site. looked cool. but it makes dust.. and i was wondering if the wax dust is worse than the stripper fumes.

plus i wonder if some wax coating would bind up in the Sanding pad.
Not sure but they did a gym floor, some 10000 sq. feet. Used like 5 pads. If anybody wants to look at these google Square Scrub, Inc. The machine is the EBG-20. I think it would be great to reduce slip/fall accidents. Could be something good. I am wondering what Fon has to say. Ron

Well the report back on this machine was good. One drawback seems to be that it does not get everything up, if it misses a small piece you still need to get out the stripper. One thing for sure is that it will effect your labor costs when stripping, you need half the people. Square Scrub, INC. Because this franchise could buy as many as 30 for distribution. They are letting them demo it for free on a big job next week. will keep you posted. Ron

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have a boost auto scrubber which has the square head

the machine won't create dust because you will put water on the floor and use the maroon pad to scrub with, it doesn't throw slurry around like a rotary does

it basically is a square pad op machine, you can buy bonnets for it also

Not sure how easy it would move across the carpet

they say the machine will strip wax but it really doesn't, it does remove a few coats of finish though and the pads can be costly

they machine can also be fitted with a vacuum for dustless screening, this type of machine has been around for quite a while

thought process behind using it for stripping is, they feel/scare tactic, that eventualy chemical stripping a vct floor will be a thing of the past

Lee is more right then wrong, what was old is now new again

not sure how you are going to cut labor costs, chemical costs yes but you will use a ton more maroon pads

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom