Square up and Becker and Hacks....Oh My!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I would like to take this opportunity to formally thank Mr. Don Becker for introducing me to the Square for taking credit cards.
Yes I'm sure I would have seen it sooner or later but Beck was the guy who brought it here...I'm pretty sure. lol....and credit deserved is credit due.

If you don't take credit cards now... You sir....are a Hack. It's so easy to take them that there is no excuse. The price is so low for the service that you can't argue that "it's not worth it" etc etc blah blah blah.

If you don't take credit cards...here is the site.

http://www.squareup.com totally free to sign up.
What makes it cool...if you didn't already know is that the service and the square card reader are free....only running the card charges some money....but not much at all....all things considered.

http://www.squareup.com

I've been taking cards for years and have tried many services...all of which had monthly fees....not with Square

I can take cards on my phone with my current provider....but I couldn't swipe the card....You can with Square.

You can also just type in the card info if you don't have the square for a whopping .25% more (approx). :shock:

Do it now....don't piss me off! :!:

Thanks again Becker.

This has been a moment with Brian. 8)

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Brian, for .25% additional processing fee they could run a credit card from the information a customer provides to me over the phone? I have never taken credit cards and it's never been an issue, but that might be handy for a customer who has been delly dallying about mailing payment.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Art Kelley said:
Brian, for .25% additional processing fee they could run a credit card from the information a customer provides to me over the phone? I have never taken credit cards and it's never been an issue, but that might be handy for a customer who has been delly dallying about mailing payment.

Right....100% of my card transactions were either over the phone or when I got back to my office.
I heard about the square before I got my phone so when I go it....I use the square AND my regular CC processor with my phone.

You don't have to do the whole deal right in front of the custy...you can write it down and wait, take it over the phone or whatever....and run it when you get back to the office.

The cool thing about the square is when you run the card right there....they can use their finger and sign for the transaction. If you have their mobile phone number, it will text them the receipt instantly.

Really cool stuff.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
yes i prefer leading my cash and check customers to a service that costs me money

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It's for the people who prefer to use credit or debit cards.

When asked, I always say cash or check is best.

But

How much money does it take to bring your checks to the bank?

How much more will they spend when using plastic?

It's all image and Marketing Greg.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I didn't realize you saw all your customers. If I was what I thought you were I would prefer a stable payment system

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
It's for the people who prefer to use credit or debit cards.

When asked, I always say cash or check is best.

i thought you did subcontracting, i was unaware of how much iunteraction you had. i guess i am wrong again

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
so you lease out/sold sacremento and you do all your jobs in Dallas area. No longer subcontracting anything then and you have taken the time to meet all your customers in the dallas area that were previously done by others to get there preference or are you using the data collected since you change business models for this discussion?

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
I just signed up for Square....so we shall see. It sure was easy to sign up though, thanks Becker!!!! And Brian!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Bundy said:
so you lease out/sold sacremento and you do all your jobs in Dallas area. No longer subcontracting anything then and you have taken the time to meet all your customers in the dallas area that were previously done by others to get there preference or are you using the data collected since you change business models for this discussion?

Actually, I should have said carpet jobs. I still sub out tile and and all that. Even some carpet jobs I can't get too.

I'll get a few jobs coming in from Las Vegas too.

Really I'm focused on Mini Franchises and the Network.

My "data" is collected from years of experience.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and if you take a card there, and send them the invoice....

it has the gps location on there...that way if there was ever a issue...then you simply say "lookie this is where we did it"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:
and if you take a card there, and send them the invoice....

it has the gps location on there...that way if there was ever a issue...then you simply say "lookie this is where we did it"

cooooool.

Good point.

EDIT: But I could see how all this technology and convenience for both the business owner and the customer wouldn't be worth a couple of bucks per $100 ticket. :roll: ......I mean with mortgages and all that. shiteatinggrin

Becker

Name
Becker
Square is great and easy.

As for leading clients to pay...

Time comes to get paid...

Client pulls out checkbook and writes a check..
Or sez, do you take credit cards?
Yes, I accept all major cards.

No one is leading anyone.

All about options.

Sq is so cheap and easy I'm not sure why any business would not accept plastic.

And to be honest, most of my card sales are deposited into my account faster than checks, as I don't go to the bank daily.

Bundy is just bitter because he is a blackberry user... So "go to payments" is for you Waffles.

B

Bill G. Martin

Those of you needing a little boost on your Google SEO....try Brians Network Home Services

It does work and he works his tail off for you...

Bill in Central Florida

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Thanks Bill! I appreciate that.

For the record, the square has already been through a load of wash and still works like a charm.
Ivebeensold

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I started with Go Payment and have had problems with transactions going through, so I said "What the Hell", I can have 2 services to get the job done. I just got my Square card reader today. We'll see how that goes.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Seems to be getting money into my bank within 3 days. I like the options of texting the receipt, letting them sign and just the whole techy thing.

I just downloaded an app that let's me use my regular CC processor now...and that's a good thing.

I just like using the Square for face to face.

Funny though, I forgot the little square thing the one time my customer wanted to use a card. lol

Had to type it in...which is a cool option too. I was all upset over it. lol

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
My fingers are too big for these phones. Go payment isn't set up for swiping on my phone, so Square was worth trying.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You can use the tip of pen if you were in a situation that warranted typing it in.

The square screen has surprisingly big numbers

Becker

Name
Becker
Just be sure to turn tips off.

Otherwise sq increases the total by like 40%, and holds it for a couple of days.
Not fair to the card holder IMO

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I bought a pack of nintendo ds stylus pens and they wont work on my touch screen what will?

Sent from my g2 using tapatalk. Whofat

Becker

Name
Becker
POGO stylus.

But my iphone is in a otter box with a screen protector. For some reason the POGO make for apple products won't work.

So I just have clients sign with pad part of finger. ( works great and all joke about the look of the sig. )

Their face lights up like I just handed them an ice cream cone. Some even hit the continue button themselves.

Sadly my large sized Tshirt from inner sq got a shrunk up in the wash ( med with large tag ) so I can't wear is anymore.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
unless they have come out with a new gizmo....

ONLY FINGERS OR SOME OTHER "BODY PART" :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WORKS ON THE NEWER SCREENS.....

they are capacitive.......meaning its the heat that does it.....ladies fingernails DO NOT WORK

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Becker said:
Just be sure to turn tips off.

Otherwise sq increases the total by like 40%, and holds it for a couple of days.
Not fair to the card holder IMO
Becker, can you clarify on this.

Name
I'm Rick James
I just got the new Droid X just to get signed up with Square... Again thanks to Becker... Becker and I services some of the same streets and he still offer great advice and helps me when I need it. A stand up guy.

I also have the otter box and its tough for the slider to stay in.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom