Square up and Becker and Hacks....Oh My!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Bundy is just bitter because he is a blackberry user

ehhh wrong again Becker. I forgot I have to update you on what phones we use in the company when we change.

This is what we have for the company. We waited specifically for these because I didn't want expensive phones getting ruined
Meets Military Standards 810G for Immersion, Rain, Shock and Dust Resistant, Vibration, Salt Fog, Humidity, Solar Radiation, Altitude, Low and High Temperature Storage

http://www.androidcentral.com/casio-gzo ... al-verizon
p]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7MowOTBcMp]

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I don't know the contracts were up in January and we had the re up and then like $50 or 60 additional credits when we renewed the total for all 3 was like $470. So I think it was like $200 each with 2 year contracts

Becker

Name
Becker
Yeah you are right Waffles..
I had old intel, I'll be sure to update my records.

5-04-2011
XTREME1 said:
a grocery store around here is allowing you to scan your items and pay for your items through a smartphone

A guy I was golfing with last nights smartphone gave distance to the pin and my blackberry gave me the time

5-02-2011
XTREME1 said:
I get emails they have an automatic response(changing it to have more detailed info) I always email back through my blackberry with a quote if they have described it if not I call them. If they called me I call them, if they email me I email them. Haven't had a problem. My longer standing customers alot of the times text me they want stuff done.

Unlike alot of these guys I don't want to be seen, heard or anything until i am on the job site or if they have a question. I am even going to have a more detailed autoresponse to cut down on any questions. Your cleaning there carpets not setting up a liason

$200 per phone with 2 year contract.
I guess the savings is durability.

I just converted my account to a corp account.
I can add and remove lines as I please, not contract besides the main line.
$10.00 per line.
No activation charges, shared texting. any of the lines can call any mobile phone anywhere any carrier free.
I can choose an area code for anywhere in the nation.
Makes running multi locations in different area code and cheap to outfit the tech with a phone.
And this the account set up this way, My monthly bill went down with additional lines.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the phone was just released you stalker.

Just for the record we have accept credit cards for a long time just not our preferred method and we also received square on May 4, 2011

it was alot less than $200 becker do the math. Your phone was free?

Becker

Name
Becker
Stalker?

No, I was active in that topic, recalled you saying something about emails on a blackberry. ( hated my BB, kept it 3 days )

Credit cards though pay-pal? What brand phone you using to process square?

Ok, $200 before credits..
No, my phone additional line phones cost me $19.99 each no contract.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I keep the slider in the truck sun visor (cd holder) in the padded envelope it shipped in. Otherwise it's too easy for it to disappear in one of a dozen places.

Becker

Name
Becker
Dumb question?

What asking what phone you are using for processing? Just not wanting to assume.. I figured the andoid. But who knows, perhaps since that post you changed phones.

Or asking if you taking for credit in the past was letting clients pay though pay pal?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
then I will keep an idiot in waiting then if you can't figure it out

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
just helping you with your prior to high school drop out pride.See I was different I was on my own since I was 14 and wound up with a HS Diploma, Scholarship to a top 25 school and an MBA. So I think I need to give back sometimes. When I screw up people know why. When you do, well it is just stupid........I do harkin back to my corporate days where I had someone to write it all for me

Becker

Name
Becker
Thanks for having my back Greg, I will take what I can get.
Hard being a 3rd grade drop out.

The past and present sometimes gets a little fuzzy. I'll be sure to check with you when the details of my life becomes cloudy.
You know so much about me, and I'm thankful..

PCCN

Love this gadget and excited about it, BUT, still can't get logged in on my phone. AP is loaded but each time I want to try it, it only allows me to enter "new account" information instead of just logging in to the account I already created. Still working on it tho.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Thank you sir! I wound up getting a Samsung Galaxy Tablet with this. It's bigger than a Iphone and smaller than a Ipad. You can actually hold it. And it does a TON of crap.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ross Buettner said:
Thank you sir! I wound up getting a Samsung Galaxy Tablet with this. It's bigger than a Iphone and smaller than a Ipad. You can actually hold it. And it does a TON of crap.

I played with one of those in a sprint store before I bought my Epic.

I like the tablet a lot.

I would also like to know how it works for you.

The screen looked amazing....like looking out a window or some crazy thing.

Unreal how real it looked.

500x_glayaxsamsung-tab.jpg

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I used it today. The customer spent 15 minutes giggling over it.

I had an app that also used an invoice which I emailed to her, she was estatic.

I am sitting at my computer wondering WHY I am. This thing is simply "wow".

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
well damnit it man dont hold back :x :x :x :x :x :x

WHAT WAS THE APP?????

And square sends an invoice with the gps on it..

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I use MS office on my PC. The app (my wife has it in the car right now) converts the files over, and it works well. I bring up my invoice template I made with excel and publisher and email it. They get the Square receipt, but at this rate they have an acutal invoice that has my information on it (call backs and referrals??) as well as a confirmation they paid.

It also makes a nice database for me in case I want to mail cards in the future or calls.

This was my THIRD residential job, so I am sorta new to this. I just have a TON of commercial work I need to get done for my franchise company.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Brian R said:
I'm pretty sure you can run INternet Explorer on it....including Service Monster.

If I remember right.

Brian,

It's no different than a PC. Just faster and cooler. It's not this "I am Microsoft and you'll fuggin like it" attitude. It's an Android just like the rest. But it's powerful and responsive.

I got mine through Verizon for 20.00 a month for 1 gb data. The only time *I* will need that data is at a customer's house paying for services with a CC. Other than that you use it just like any other wireless device and get to know your WiFi areas. I have a wireless router at home...so.. no worries for me.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Documents to go i think is that app....

I still havent figured out if you can do some sort of calling of it....like through tango or skype when it hits....

i wish they made it like a phone, but only if you used bluetooth.....no holding that big bitch to your ear

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Skype would be the way to go.

Right now the Skype app is talk only...but that's ok for the Tab.

Skype has video for only the Iphone right now....unless it's been 5 minutes and it changed.lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom