SS370 406 vs Tuthill 3006

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Im looking at a nice SS370 for sale and as Im researching the specs on the SS website, I notice the vac motor (406 Tri-lobe) only pulls 13in HG and 317 cfms. My 3006 pulls 15in Hg with 311 cfms. I was looking to upgrade my system to a higher vac system but 6 more cfms and less lift doesnt seem to be that much of an upgrade. What are your thoughts? Are those numbers right?

Then I see the 2500HS has the 406 with 13Hg and 371 .. is this a misprint?

The 460 has the 408 with 455 cfms .. huge jump !!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Im looking at a nice SS370 for sale and as Im researching the specs on the SS website, I notice the vac motor (406 Tri-lobe) only pulls 13in HG and 317 cfms. My 3006 pulls 15in Hg with 311 cfms. I was looking to upgrade my system to a higher vac system but 6 more cfms and less lift doesnt seem to be that much of an upgrade. What are your thoughts? Are those numbers right?

Then I see the 2500HS has the 406 with 13Hg and 371 .. is this a misprint?

The 460 has the 408 with 455 cfms .. huge jump !!

You know if you look at the peak it has the same blower but they say they're getting closer to 400 cfm with some tweaks!

@John Olson may know more?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Hg's can be adjusted it's just where they set the machine.

Cfm is depending on plumbing and how fast they spin the blower.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Im looking at a nice SS370 for sale and as Im researching the specs on the SS website, I notice the vac motor (406 Tri-lobe) only pulls 13in HG and 317 cfms

The HG'S are up to you, just adjust the vac relief. My 370 came installed with it set at 14, no issues. Replaced my first set of belts a few weeks ago. Lasted 5+ years!

How old is the unit?

The tag on the frame should have a build number, this will tell you if it was built right when they came out(low number) or years later.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Machine Im looking at is 4 yrs old with 1100 hours .. I understand the lift ajustment but dont understand the numbers for cfm listed on SS current site for what looks to be a large blower.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Machine looks to be in great shape .. It comes with 3 hose reels - 100 ft hoses (vac n sol), 50ft fresh water hose and waste tank only .. nothing else .. no pump out either .. what would that be worth?

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sounds like a nice unit but its likely in the same category power wise as what you have. If there is no need to get bigger I'd jump on it if its a good price.

However if you were looking to move up a size I believe you need to keep looking.

Reactions: Spurlington

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok the guys with actual numbers will be along soon but in the mean time I throw out an answer. How fast you son the blower will determine how many CFM's your getting. How fast you can run the engine has lots of variables as the engine doesn't just turn the blower( Parasitic loads) I can tell you the peak was under driven, this is why we were able to "upgrade" the machine. The have since incorporated most of our upgrades and the rest of them are being looked at and will at some point be added to future builds. Last the HG has nothing to do with the CFM's the HG is set at 13g as that number is rarely hit when cleaning carpets. It is set there to protect the blower and the downstream components. When you get a chance have someone run the wand and go watch your vac gauge and listen to your vac relief It doesn't open unless the vacuum is completely blocked off when set at 13

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I agree with John on the CFM vs. RPM (although Legend trilobe blower moves less air than equivalent blowers with 2 lobes).

I would like to say that max lift at the machine depends on several factors:

1. Length of hose to the wand. Longer lengths will add to lift developed at the TM.

2. Wand type - well-designed wands will move more air and add to the lift loss in the vac hose.

3. Carpet type - commercial level loops seal well and raise the lift at the wand
Plush types allow more airflow, which raises the lift loss in the vac hose.

We see lift levels of 15" routinely ATM, on commercial carpet or long hose runs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom