Steam action truckmounts

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
I found the video you did Mikey, thanks. Looking for some user experience, that video gives me an inclination to look elsewhere for a truckmount.

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
1) reliable, I live a couple hours from any distributor. I can fix the equipment myself, just don't want to
2) long life, don't want to buy another for several years. Ten+ years out of a well maintained unit
3) slide in, no direct drives. Had a moron wreck a van recently and have had all I can take of gm vans & my crappy local Chevy dealer that doesn't want to sell me parts
4) power, have a few 400ft hose run jobs now. Could see 500ft being a possibility in the near future

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
have some concerns about long term reliability on those with the amount of electronics/sensors/etc.

I did see a glowing review written by Olson on the Everest 650, but the review is five years old.

The ford engine on the 870 is appealing but the Chinese? Blower is not.

This will be going in a new van (total package will be the second biggest $ purchase I've ever made not counting divorces) so want to make sure I don't have any regrets

Reactions: ronbeatty

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Dave I had a friend that owned one. The hx kept breaking because of the way it was welded. John would send out the new part for free and my friend would send back the old part. It broke over and over at the weld and he kept sending it back. He finally listened to me and had a local guy weld it and it never broke again. I only tell you this because the welding on the machine is poor at best. He does use very heavy stainless but then he will use a piece of Unistrut. I really wanted a diesel and talked to john for months. The fit and finish is just not up to my standards. He does a nice job on the front but that's about it. Keep in mind when you talk about electronics and sensors that they are using the same parts that your car has. The engine just has standard automotive map,temp,oxygen ect. sensors. Very reliable. I don't believe you would have a problem with johns machine but if you are finicky about fit and finish you might be disappointed. I really wanted that cat diesel, even now.

Gene

Tony Neville

Name
Tony Neville
We have six of them, what would you like to know? They heat water, create vacuum and build pressure what more can you ask for? They are machines, they will break, but they can be fixed.

Tony

Reactions: Jimmy L and hogjowl

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
Gene, I am aware the FI system on the engine uses automotive or heavy equipment type sensors, more concerned about being at the mercy of a carpet cleaning distributor a couple of hours away.

Tony, would like to know if a tech could inadvertently damage the unit by perhaps laying the wand down too long. Also would like to know if the wiring is color coded, I've heard a couple of crazy stories.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
That Chinese blower you speak of is a eurus blower and is a beast simply put.

The blower is a 6008 eurus blower. They are good from what I have seen and received feedback from the guys I have sold them to.

They are much more beefy than roots,tuthill,gardner Denver/sutorbilt. They have larger, stronger parts and much larger oil baths than all competitors.

They are much quieter than all other same class blowers.

They cost less than all same class blowers.

They have a three year warranty of which no other blower manufacturer would even consider.

Now that said, you don't want anything smaller than a number 5 eurus blower as they are all manufactured as closed tolerance for moving dry media and won't rreact good at anything higher than 12 hg with moisture as they are just to tight spec'd.

Last edited:

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
Do you think mike roden would put a crappy blower on the largest most powerful machine his company makes?

Actually I think that in design & manufacturing nothing is ideal and compromises must be made. I am just looking to find a machine with which I am comfortable with its compromises, whatever they may be.

What I don't want is something that becomes a bastard child...zenith fuel injection comes to mind.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

The blower is a 6008 eurus blower. They are good from what I have seen and received feedback from the guys I have sold them to.

They are much more beefy than roots,tuthill,gardner Denver/sutorbilt. They have larger, stronger parts and much larger oil baths than all competitors.

They have a three year warranty of which no other blower manufacturer would even consider.

Now that said, you don't want anything smaller than a number 5 eurus blower as they are all manufactured as closed tolerance for moving dry media and won't rreact good at anything higher than 12 hg with moisture as they are just to tight spiced.
Do you have one that will fit my 805?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm in conundrum with it. I need a new blower which is 3k, 4k with install but without it I have nothin.
Can't use, can't sell it. :hopeless:

I'm actually surprised my distributor has said anything to me. It's sat there for 8-months. LOL

J

JS41035

"Just keep a tarp on it till you get out of the state". I've heard that before buying used truckmounts from manufacturers. Ehhh.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Actually I think that in design & manufacturing nothing is ideal and compromises must be made. I am just looking to find a machine with which I am comfortable with its compromises, whatever they may be.

What I don't want is something that becomes a bastard child...zenith fuel injection comes to mind.

I had a zenith fuel system and it went over 18k and someone else is running it now. Maybe it's hit or miss. The computer had a capacitor which is know for having problems being heat cycled. I make a 8' cord and moved it under the truck. Never had a problem.
IMG_0421.jpg

Reactions: dgardner

ThaBeast

Name
Dave
So tell me Gene what do you think of your 870? Since you have the newer blower, does your blower have drain plugs for changing the gear oil?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
So tell me Gene what do you think of your 870? Since you have the newer blower, does your blower have drain plugs for changing the gear oil?

So far I really love it. The eruo blower seems fine but only time will tell. Each side has two drain plugs but no special hoses to make it simpler. I might change that after changing the oil if it's a pain. According to my phone decibel meter when it's running and a hose is connected its 7 db quieter at medium speed than my 5m. The frequency is more pleasant to my ear. Also when I close the back door it lowers the sound even more. For some reason it didn't affect the last machine. The blower is the most reliable part so I'm not worried about it at all.

As far as Johns machines, There are things about it that I don't like but you might not mind.

Gene

Reactions: dgardner

Able 1

Name
Keith

Now that said, you don't want anything smaller than a number 5 eurus blower as they are all manufactured as closed tolerance for moving dry media and won't rreact good at anything higher than 12 hg with moisture as they are just to tight spec'd.
Interesting, is SS using these blowers for all there truckmounts? What's the pricing like, do you have a link?

Are you running that Peak?

Thanks..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom