Steam line, inside the vacuum line...

Name
I'm Rick James
Has anyone done any real testing in regards to flow restriction while having the steam line inside the vac line. It makes sense that having a line whip around in there would cause distruption to the natural flow. Not to mention you would have to use a protected line. I see some portable vac/steam lines like that, so wondering if it still applies to TM units.

Thanks

joe harper

Name
joe harper
BRENT,

In general just a BAD idea... :cry:

Lint gets caught on couplers & hose
QD's fail much quicker
You are limited in selecting lenght of hose run for job
You are unable to detect leaks in solution lines
Constant moisture & heat on exterior of pressure line...causes pre-mature failure
Hoses are MUCH heavier to deal with...and not near as flexible in tight areas

IN GENERAL...NO ADVANTAGE...IMHO... :idea:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I don't think I have ever run into anybody who does that in this business and I have been doing this like forfreakinever! There is a good reason why I haven't ... and it has to be because it is a dumbassidea!

Name
I'm Rick James
ah sh!t I just got Marty'd.. :oops:

I hear what you're saying Harper. If you dont secure it within the 50 ft span and let it hang loose, you shouldnt have any internal clogging, only where the steam line exit the vac line. I can see the heat being an issue along with cleaning products damaging the skin of the steam line. Not to mention you would have to have to get a seperate line for the HF sprayer. You think with the line in there it would decrease the air flow to the wand?

Mytee?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom