Steam Punk 407

rick imby

Name
Rick
From what little I know you also have a Judson.

How much different from your Judson is this?

Am I guessing right that is a 40 horse motor with a #7 blower?
When using just one wand at 150 feet what rpm are you running the motor at?

Any idea what it weighs without water in it?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
In our grandparent's era (for some of us, our great grandparent's) you could invent and innovate a number of things right in your garage or barn. So much of today's computerization and technology no longer allow for that, and I think "we" are all poorer for losing our ability to express ourselves in that way.

Its great that our industry still allows for this type of fun and rewarding work, and Mike's labor of love will give him exactly what he wants, made by his own hands.

That has to be so satisfying to you Mike.

Congratulations

Mike Draper

Rick, I sold my Judson. It was a good machine though. The Steam Punk has a 32 hp Kubota engine and a 47 blower. I run it at 2800 rpm's no matter how much hose I'm running. I run almost all 2.5" hose so I have plenty of suction. Im not sure I've heard of any machines that run an #7 blower.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mike Draper

I dont know the weight of this machine. It does the same thing as the judson, but has a few more nice features. Decline in tank for faster dumping, last step injection, sight tube for waste tank and 205 gallon waste capacity. Blower pre filters. Kubota engine.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Thanks for the writeup on this Masterpiece of yours Draper.
You will be proud for many years.
Tuthill is a jam up company if you go that route.

Love the customized instrument panel. Can't weight for the video.
Pulled 250 ft today from my TNT today.
Ibuprofen Blast at Sonic tonite. Ready for a replay in the am.

J

JS41035

I really do love it. I think it would have been cool if you had used a helicoil to capture some engine heat. I know you have said earlier that it didn't make any difference on your LGs heat. But I still think it would be cool to have as a back up. Or for furniture.
I have an apex. And with the two main heat exchangers bypassed it will still keep decent heat. Especially at low flow. And if your burner gave you trouble it would sure beat cold water.
I've stripped some 405s bare and rebuilt them. It was always more work than I thought. Starting from scratch is ten times harder. Kudos man.
Probably one of my top 3 threads since I've been on MB

Mike Draper

Thank you very much Justin. Honesty, about 3/4 way through it was turning into a headache. more money and more time as each day came and went and not much progress. I wanted to throw the damn thing to the bottom of a lake a few times, but I had already spent to much money on it.
Now to have it running its worth it. I'm making a few small mods to it right now and will report back with a decibal meter when these things are adjusted. I'll also do a video of it in action.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
His machine is running ever day and still looks like the day he built it. Its amazing how different people are. Some guys their machines look 100 years old after a few months and others like Mike Draper and Stan Wynhof will look showroom ready with 4k hours on them.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
It's also amazing how we simply cannot expect our machines to look "show room ready" because of all the powder coat chipping and peeling off in chunks... even if there was no abuse and no leaks etc.

Us, as a whole, in the industry that buy powder coated machines and tools- should band together and stop buying crap that is powder coated. We need to send a message.. Maybe one day they'll stop manufacturing powder coated junk.

Reactions: hogjowl

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
Maybe they didn't get the rusting Sapphire Scientific 870's... :stir:

Reactions: SamIam

Mike Draper

Hello, hello. So my machine cost me $24,500 in parts and took 8 months to build. Will I ever build another like it? No, because this one will last me until i retire. No hiccups or breakdowns on it (other than Kubota has shit mufflers so I had to build my own). Runs perfect like the first day it started. Maybe I’ll try and post a pic later. I only run ethanol free fuel in it, which makes a big difference.

Mike Draper

Here’s a recent pic. 1,600ish hours

244C8DC2-A05E-4342-A6C9-9F2F2C409F24.jpeg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom