Steamway Powermatic 2100 what's it worth?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
It is very clean. New motor and pump. I can pick up a package with other stuff for a good price. How much is the Truckmount worth?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
new engine and pump????
how many hours on the TM?

pump should go well over 6000 hours ...makes me wonder why it was replaced..
Engine should go 5000 hrs and more

what's the aluminum tanks look like?
Pull the lid on the water box and look to see how pitted the box is

new pump and engine tells me it's had a lot of hours, or serious lack of care
I wouldn't want to pay to much...not much more than the price of new engine and pump ($3000??)

.L.T.A.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'm going to look at it tomorrow in person. The pictures of the TM and other restoration equipment is very clean. I just wanted to get some preliminary thoughts on the TM before I looked.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
00a0a_ikWHHwNjoOG_600x450.jpg

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I passed on this unit a few weeks back, there are few things wrong with this unit. Plus the unit has been sitting for a while.

Call me if you want the scoop.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
I am not sure what it is worth, but it would take a lot to build a new one. This one looks pretty good from the picture. If the price is right, not sure how you could go too wrong.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I went for it. Drug the thing home tonight along with some other goodies that was part of the package. He even threw in some extras like walk behind extreme extractor, new spider boxes, a bunch of new cables, cases of steamway chemicals, a 24" monster drag wand, a bunch of extra solution hose, 200' of new suction hose...

Im happy with the buy so far. I screwed around withnp running the machine through the paces for an hours or so. No leaks and everything looks new. Very clean looking machine. Hopefully there aren't any secrets about it. There is risk in buying and old machine, some will see.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jeremy call me. I want the drag wand if it is a Steam Genie. I have a customer that uses those and needs everyone I can get my hands on. We can trade for parts your going to need for the steam way. You got a great machine there just know that you will have to service it more then you would a HX unit. It is a fire breathing dragon and if you take care of it, it will take care of you.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have several of the 16-inch Steam Genie Drag wands and 1-24 inch one we use on rare occasions. They do a great job of flushing but you have to per-aggitate if more than moderate soiling. The tech's don't like them and would rather use a scrub wand. They are old school, with Erik's Zipper dating them even further now days.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Hopefully there aren't any secrets about it. .

they have some quirks and they're loud.... but if you've never run a TM capable of mega heat at hi-flow, you'll love that

My first Powermatic had over 12K hours on it when i finally retired it.
My current one ( 2100) has 5k hours and roaring strong

They're big, loud and heavy, but they kick azz

..L.T.A.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
My buddies is.kerosene fired..he takes good care of it but barely uses it.trsiler mounted..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Becker

Name
Becker
My buddies is.kerosene fired..he takes good care of it but barely uses it.trsiler mounted..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

kerosene fired is what they are, but most just run diesel in the tank,.

Waldo's best friend came and demoed one at my house.

I agree with that Larry sez! I loved using the machine, amazing heat! Nice powerful machine.

But no way in hell would I subject my clients neighbors to the noise they produce.

Last edited:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I'm trying to figure out how my lawn mower engine will be louder than everyone else's lawn mower engine.

Im not arguing - I just don't understand.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
There is a muffler that you can use to lower the pitch so it sounds better. I think mine is a manga flow. It replaces the exhaust pipe off the silencer.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm trying to figure out how my lawn mower engine will be louder than everyone else's lawn mower engine.

No engine muffler on 2100 (not in the typical sense anyway) ...the engine exhaust is routed unmuffled to the blower silencer

The silencer on the older units (circa '90s) was larger and had a lower pitch noise
The 2100's silencer is smaller and not as effective

There are ways to quiet it further.
You can run thru the floor and redirect noice/exhaust to blow up on the cat converter/heat shield .
That will dissipate a lot of noise
or add a hi-performance muffler (Flomaster) underneath

the heater can have a low throaty sound when firing ..almost like the bumping bass sound of the hoodrat's rides

..L.T.A.

gtech12v

Very nice the unit just check the silencer making sure it does not have any rust o holes sound is about the same as any other the burner makes a blow off sound the heat is crazy
does it have the generator working .
this mode made mine so quiet and I'm using a 31hp engine and a 47 blower
IMG_0937_zps4196a562.jpg
IMG_0932_zps7f859f4f.jpg
IMG_0931_zps7e14ec55.jpg
IMG_0935.jpg
IMG_0897_zps7efd7097.jpg

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom