Still need more volume...

gasaxe

ive got a spraying systems industrial catalog in front of me. a xx015 jet will flow .41 gpm @ 300psi & .53 @ 500 psi , a xx02 will flow .55 @ 300psi & .71 @ 500 psi

so if your running 4 02's on one wand that equals 2.2gpm @300psi and 2.84gpm @ 500psi

6 02's would be 3.3gpm @ 300psi and 4.26 @ 400psi

so with both tools keyed at the same time your around 5.5 to 7+ gpm depending on what psi you pushin at the tool

3000psi shows a 02 to flow 1.7gpm

flow rate for a meg nozzle and a h-vv nozzle are the same h-vv only charts up to 500 psi meg goes to 3000psi

spray angle doesnt affect flow but pressure does affect spray angle

gasaxe

i would wet flow both tools just to be sure what that are actually doing. I would check one at a time so not to be affected by loss of volume when both are triggered together.

Name
Jesse
Your not taking into account wand plumbing and hose length/size and qd's. I bet most of you couldn't get above 3gpm on the carpet with 18 flow at 1000 psi with 100 foot of 1/4. Neither of my tm's will, ones got a 5cp and one's got a 3cp

Greenie

Out Of Character said:
Your not taking into account wand plumbing and hose length/size and qd's. I bet most of you couldn't get above 3gpm on the carpet with 18 flow at 1000 psi with 100 foot of 1/4. Neither of my tm's will, ones got a 5cp and one's got a 3cp

EXACTLY!

the preaching hasn't fallen on deaf ears. The charts are just a reference.

Most guys flow between 1.1 gpm and 1.5 gpm.

And you had better have more flow "potential" at your pump than the total of your wands....unless you want 4gpm at 50 psi coming out of your wand... You need some restriction in flow to actually get some pressure, otherwise save the pump and just hook up to a garden hose for the steamin' demon effect.

gasaxe

Greenie said:
Out Of Character said:

EXACTLY!

the preaching hasn't fallen on deaf ears. The charts are just a reference.

Most guys flow between 1.1 gpm and 1.5 gpm.

And you had better have more flow "potential" at your pump than the total of your wands....unless you want 4gpm at 50 psi coming out of your wand... You need some restriction in flow to actually get some pressure, otherwise save the pump and just hook up to a garden hose for the steamin' demon effect.

just checked to confirm, I did this a long time ago and couldnt remember for sure. so before i stuck my foot in my mouth i checked again. prochem wand 4 8015 jets, vortex set at 500 psi aprx 150+ feet of 1/4" hose on live hose reel... spraying for one minute exactly produced precisely 2 gal. of water.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
No matter what the theoretical output is, the actual throughput will be reduced by the following...

1. The action of the pulsation chemical pump. The pump scavenges the activity of one of the cylinders, and reduces it's output quite significantly. Thus the need for a pulsation dampener in systems that utilize this means of chemical injection.

2. Temperature orifices. Many TM units utilize an orifice to bypass a set amount of flow to make sure the temp probe has an accurate determination of system temp, even with the wand flow at zero.

3. The pressure regulators are not 100% efficient, and will always bypass a certain amount usually conditional on the relative wear the unit has.

4. Downstream friction and restriction. Nuf said already in this thread on this matter.

As Les indicated, measure your actual flow with the unit running with no jet attached, and then with he largest aggregate equivalent jet size you anticipate using. If your pressure max is lower than using a smaller jet, AND both flow rates are near each other, then at least you know that nothing is "wrong", other than your flow rate output is too low.

You will need to make sure that none of the reduction factors are impinging your flow, other than the usual (rpm, pump & bypass condition)

gasaxe

Greenie said:
Yea, what Shawn said!

btw: I think those 80 015 jets are worn :wink:

somebody sold me pre worn out ones then..... they are pretty new. less than 3 months old....

gasaxe

Kevin Bunce said:
So, what would 4 04's flow...nm, ill get the bucket out lol. I'll check tomorrow.

depends on whats pushing the water through them..lol

Greenie

No check valves?
how much sol. line was strung out?

80s don't have much overlap from jet to jet, that wand came from Prochem with 95s.

gasaxe

Greenie said:
No check valves?
how much sol. line was strung out?

80s don't have much overlap from jet to jet, that wand came from Prochem with 95s.

you dont believe me??? lol

no check valves
I had some 80s on hand so thats what went in it. with a glide and increase in spray angle from pressure coverage is fine. there is aproximately 150 + feet of hose on the reel that i used when i tested it. one continuos piece of 1/4" neptune mounted on a eagle live reel.

I dont know what the ambient temp, humidity, lunar phase, or if i had any diesel fuel additive in the truck when i did the test...lol

im gonna do it again to verify be back later....

Greenie

I was mostly just curious as most guys don't put out a full 2 gallons pre min.
but hey...you are ahead of the game, continue to march.

gasaxe

Greenie said:

checked it again....a full minute spraying yeilds 2 gals aprx.. i back fill into a 2 gal pump sprayer out of 5 gal bucket and it fills to just over the 2 gallon line...

pump pressure maintains 500 psi with wand keyed. i will check what pressure is at the wand head tommorrow.

I also checked rx today. while it was a little crude ( that thing dont fit in a bucket) I got over 2gals not sure how much over because some didnt make it into the collection device. I would guess about 2.5 maybe a little more but that is just guessing how much didnt get collected. it also has fairly new jets all 1.5 orifice size. The pressure drops some with rx compared to wand maybe 50-100 psi at the gauge.

Has the orginal poster solved his problem yet?????? im curious if he has flow tested his tools..

gasaxe said:
Greenie said:

checked it again....a full minute spraying yeilds 2 gals aprx.. i back fill into a 2 gal pump sprayer out of 5 gal bucket and it fills to just over the 2 gallon line...

pump pressure maintains 500 psi with wand keyed. i will check what pressure is at the wand head tommorrow.

I also checked rx today. while it was a little crude ( that thing dont fit in a bucket) I got over 2gals not sure how much over because some didnt make it into the collection device. I would guess about 2.5 maybe a little more but that is just guessing how much didnt get collected. it also has fairly new jets all 1.5 orifice size. The pressure drops some with rx compared to wand maybe 50-100 psi at the gauge.

Has the orginal poster solved his problem yet?????? im curious if he has flow tested his tools..

No but I will flow test it today!

RichardnTn

Flow charts are based on mathematical formulas and are exact IF the system is 100 % perfect. With that said, the decrease in flow that you see with our systems, really tells us how ineffective our conveyance of water is...
If the chart says that I should be putting out 2 gallon of water at X pressure with X size jets and I measure it and am only getting 1 1/2 gallon, Then my system is only operating at 75% efficiency.
Again the chart is only for a reference since there aren't any perfect systems with 100% flow...Richard R

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom