Stopped up jets

Name
Evets
Hey,how do you unstop the jet(s) on a Greenhorn wand? I have one jet (1) that I can't get to free up no matter what I try. Been poking it with a piece of guitar string, but can't get it thru. It's just stopped up-no flow!
H-E-L-P!

hogjowl

Idiot™
Can't imagine what would be stuck in it that hard, but I suspect by now you have screwed up the port so that even if you manage to get it unstopped, it probably will spray funky. Might as well buy a new one.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Two minutes. Unscrew it, clean the filter, and only then use the wire. I carry a little pair of visegrips in my pocket for stuff like this. Usually from trash in incoming water or deteriorating hoses.

Thanks,
Lee

CraigT

Name
Craig Tyler
Stevie Bs said:
Hey,how do you unstop the jet(s) on a Greenhorn wand? I have one jet (1) that I can't get to free up no matter what I try. Been poking it with a piece of guitar string, but can't get it thru. It's just stopped up-no flow!
H-E-L-P!

Like others have said it can be a few things. Might be something in the filter, might be a clogged jet, might be a faulty check valve. You'll need to unscrew the extender w/nozzle and see where it's coming from. Be careful when using metal when cleaning the nozzles. Those orifices are sensitive and they can be messed up pretty easily.

Clean out the nozzle, if it's the extender take out the check valve. Replace it when you get a chance.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
If its in fact the jet that's clogged and not the already mentioned filter or checkvalve-take the jet off and drop it in a measuring cup, pour 2oz of viper restore undiluted. Let it sit for a while and that will loosen up the clog. I normaly use a little stronger acid than viper restore. Before using it wash it off with something higher ph. Zee

Able 1

Name
Keith
Soak it in descaler if it is the jet... that stuff is bad ass.. (wear gloves):shock:

T

The Magician

Soak it in vingeard and use the proper size welding cleaning tip. I had one that clogged real bad almost had to repalce it. Also clean the filter in your wand.

wired

carry a couple of clean jets with you and change it . It only takes a couple of minutes. Clean the clogged jet when you get home. I do the same with the RX20. Steve

Back
Top Bottom