Stryker Wand video

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Thanks Keith! Thanks for taking the time to talk with me.
Studebaker said:
I talked with Erik today. Very smart and NICE guy. He has developed a very nice tool.

It would be nice to work with him on new ideas.

Keith

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
Hey Jeff

I tried the new Prototype out today on a commercial. Had a vibration in the head that sounded horrible. Next job it worked perfect. Have you ever had one make that kind of noise?
I am so glad I didn’t let mike talk me into that picture in Santa Cruz.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Jeff,

For a couple of guys that who had just met each other, you are already on the second prototype? What are you making? By the way, it's a little early in the game for a group hug quite yet. God, I haven't even seen the product yet.

Mikey P

Administrator
Keith,

I told you that you need to be quiet about our 3 way partnership in this deal or Bruders is gonna want to renegotiate the contract.

damn you got a big mouth.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Mikey,

Your macaronni & cheese is done, you can quit stirring the pot.

J

jwargo1

Just picked up a brand new stryker from My supplier here in Florida to demo. I am going to try it on residential in the morning and on CGD Sunday night. I am hoping the fact that heat loss should be greatly reduced will increase performance. (or will it?) I know multi jet wands are often hyped up that way because the jets are closer to the carpet, but in realty, they produce a finer mist which drops heat quickly thereby not being that much different than a larger jet farther from the carpet.
I know the dri-master uph tool works great because there is no atomizing, but from the video on this site, when Mike turned the wand over, it kinda looks like this tool does atomize. Any thoughts??
I am trying to get the best tool for the money, but I am going in to this eyes wide open. I bought a evolution TM wand and hated it, so I am being more skeptical this time around. I was interested in a titanium wand, but want to give this a shot first. Its also $895 vs. $1295.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Mult jetted tools that preserve heat are goint to run larger jets closer to the carpet than factory using extenders or check valves. The larger aperature of higher flow jets alows it to put out more hot water without vaporizing part of the spray as you have mentioned about the drimaster. The stryker wand does not use jets but rather a spray bar with 96 holes for the solution to flow out of. these holes are quite a bit smaller then even factory jets on a titanium wand. However these jets are still set relatively close to the carpet and in their own vac chamber so the suction of the wand in theory should help pull the heat and vaporization down through the carpet as there is no where for the vaporizied or as you like to put it, atomized water to go.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Would the fact that the Stryker wand does not have any jets and the streams are not angled the same make any difference? The Zipper has jets that are angled. Just wondering if they are different enough to avoid patent problems.

I thought that the Stryker was only putting out 1 gallon per minute as advertised. Mikey, did you just increase the psi to get up to 3 gallon per minute. I guess my question is since you likely can't re-jet to a different size like a normal wand, what is the total flow at say 400 or 500 psi?

J

jwargo1

I used my demo stryker today on a frieze type carpet pretty heavily soiled. It cleaned very poorly. I started @ 450 psi and increased to 600psi ( with solution flowing). I went back over it with a prochem Quad and it cleaned what the stryker left. I was not impressed.
I am thinking prochem titanium like I started to do before. One question. My prochem 4 jet cleans heavily soiled carpets great, but on cut pile it tends to leave streaks. I tried the six jet Evolution which I also hated, but it left the carpet with a VERY even appearance. Does the six jet prochem titanium leave streaks like the 4 jet, or will it clean evenly as my evolution did.
I ask because they both use 6 jets, but are configured quite differently. The titanium prochem jets are straight down if I remember correctly while the evolutions are ankled quite a bit

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
How is your quad jet setup and do you have a glide with it? If you are looking for a wider wand that is already setup correctly for high flow extraction. Talk to Jeff aka Greenie and have him set you up with a Greenhorn unless you are stuck ont he idea of a 1300 dollar wand that would still need a $200.00 glide and $85 dollars worth of Jet extenders and larger jets to make it high performance wand. Some people have claimed that the center gap in the titanium and quad jet when bone stock will leave stread when pressure increase too much with stock jets. Ours did this to an extent, but once we put a hole glide on it, jet extenders and uped the flow to 12 flow with wider spray pattern, instead of 06 that it was factory, the streaking was gone and the flushing was great. I also angled the jets in to hit just below the glide so it flowed the solution towards the vac port better.

tim

Joseph, try the Greenhorn or the Bentley. I use the Greenhorn and love it. I tried the stryker wand at connections as well as Eriks wand. The Stryker was impressive on one sample of builders grade carpet. When we switched to another carpet sample we could hardly push the wand! When I muscled through it, I looked at the carpet and it had severly distorted the fibers! :shock: I had very others try the 2 samples as well and they had the same results. I set the wand down and went back to looking at Eriks wand. From my conversations with Erik I understood his wand to be geared more for commecial use due to the size and manueverability. It was made very, very well! Did a great job on the carpet with no distortion. I think legend needs to go back to the drawing board.

Greenie

It was a pleasure helping Erik with the Zipper, I would do the same with other Mfgs., I'm not really a selfish person with R&D.
The Dri-Eaz Rover comes to mind, as does the rotovac units, the RX20, SteamWay HydroKinetic, CFR wand, GuardZilla, PC Titanium, etc...

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Greenie said:
It was a pleasure helping Erik with the Zipper, I would do the same with other Mfgs., I'm not really a selfish person with R&D.
The Dri-Eaz Rover comes to mind, as does the rotovac units, the RX20, SteamWay HydroKinetic, CFR wand, GuardZilla, PC Titanium, etc...

Thanks again Jeff for all the help throughout the last 3 years I have known you. As everyone that has ever done business with Jeff, we all know he is not selfish, far from it. He is very helpful in every way and a huge credit to the whole carpet cleaning industry. He is never to busy to take some time out of his busy schedule to help carpet cleaners, whether it's a broke down machine, fixing a wand, or helping to get more performance from smaller units, etc, etc..............................
Thanks to Jeff and this board, there has been a positive impact in the lives of many carpet cleaners, big or small. You will never find a large manufacturer or distributor to share their knowledge or experience, without some sort of financial gain, like Greenie has.

hurricane

I had the original bentley and it killed my back. I now have the greenhorn and it kicks Ass. I did try out the new carbon bentley and it is a definite a nice product too

maker

Erik said:
Greenie said:

Thanks again Jeff for all the help throughout the last 3 years I have known you. As everyone that has ever done business with Jeff, we all know he is not selfish, far from it. He is very helpful in every way and a huge credit to the whole carpet cleaning industry. He is never to busy to take some time out of his busy schedule to help carpet cleaners, whether it's a broke down machine, fixing a wand, or helping to get more performance from smaller units, etc, etc..............................
Thanks to Jeff and this board, there has been a positive impact in the lives of many carpet cleaners, big or small. You will never find a large manufacturer or distributor to share their knowledge or experience, without some sort of financial gain, like Greenie has.

I second that

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
maker said:
Erik said:
Greenie said:

I second that

I third that.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
The drag wands are made in the 1970's and the patents are now expired, therefore anyone can now copy their design. Same thing with the rotary extractors, any company can now make them because the patent is expired.

I'm guessing this quote if erased would serve Erik well?

Guessing if there's another patent with 2 vacuum ports and a spray bar in the middle? From the 70's it's expired therefore Erik isn't infringing either?

Hopefully they don't have to do to court, because the zipper will be $3500 after legal costs.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Back
Top Bottom