Stryker Wand video

Mike Draper

All I can say is the Zipper is a quality tool, I have used it at connections and it's built solid too. I'm thinking of getting one because of my constant back problems from twisting my body and arm side to side all day with a wand.

Name
Nate W.
Mike Draper said:
All I can say is the Zipper is a quality tool, I have used it at connections and it's built solid too. I'm thinking of getting one because of my constant back problems from twisting my body and arm side to side all day with a wand.

I thought you used a RV360? Don't like it?

As for the zipper patent infringement, doesn't the drimaster hand tool have to same principle with the 2 vacuums and jet bar in the middle?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Mike,

I most certainly do have a patent on my dual vacuum ports w/ the solution manifold positioned in the center.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
There is big difference between a hand tool and a carpet cleaning apparatus.
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Mike Draper":l3cwn3p7]All I can say is the Zipper is a quality tool, I have used it at connections and it's built solid too. I'm thinking of getting one because of my constant back problems from twisting my body and arm side to side all day with a wand.

As for the zipper patent infringement, doesn't the drimaster hand tool have to same principle with the 2 vacuums and jet bar in the middle?[/quote:l3cwn3p7]

Name
Jesse
They might have to market it as a "under furniture cleaning apparatus" since it's obvious that the Zipper doesn't compete in that arena.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
It does'nt matter what they market it as, the claims in a patent and how something is configured stands alot of ground.
Out Of Character said:
They might have to market it as a "under furniture cleaning apparatus" since it's obvious that the Zipper doesn't compete in that arena.

Mikey P

Administrator
Nate The Great said:
[quote="Mike Draper":1w3pq1gd]All I can say is the Zipper is a quality tool, I have used it at connections and it's built solid too. I'm thinking of getting one because of my constant back problems from twisting my body and arm side to side all day with a wand.

As for the zipper patent infringement, doesn't the drimaster hand tool have to same principle with the 2 vacuums and jet bar in the middle?[/quote:1w3pq1gd]

Good point.

jcdsog

hmmmm.

to me those two wands dont really look alike.

i understand your patent tho.

how is it that so many companies make the regular wands we all use? didnt judson make the first drag wand with jets?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
The drag wands are made in the 1970's and the patents are now expired, therefore anyone can now copy their design. Same thing with the rotary extractors, any company can now make them because the patent is expired.
jcdsog said:
hmmmm.

to me those two wands dont really look alike.

i understand your patent tho.

how is it that so many companies make the regular wands we all use? didnt judson make the first drag wand with jets?

TimP

Don't you guys know a patent doesn't mean a damn thing unless you can win in court.

I doubt the zipper company has the money to fight with legends.

Mike Draper

Why all the asshole remarks towards Erik? Do you guys like it when Chem dry comes to town to ruin your business, then someone says " I doubt you have the money to take on chem-dry. I though us little guys are what makes things tick, especially in an economy like we have today. Us small business owners put everything we have in our lives into a business, all our money, lots of leg work, time, ideas and even our family whether they like it or not are heavily involved in our buisiness. So when a big guy like Blueline comes along with a new wand that is similar in many ways to Erik's tool that he has put his blood and sweat into for many years, I'm sure you can see why he is frustrated. Seriously, how many of you guys have used his Zipper tool at connections or elsewhere? It's a the Mercedes of all wands.

Reactions: Tim Page

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
The weight and maneuverability is not what I hold my patent on. Again, my main claim in my patent is the dual vacuum ports. The design has no bearing on what's under the head.
Mikey P said:
Erik's wand and the Stryker are radically different.

Weight and maneuverability are the two biggest differences imo.

Erik is wasting time even worrying about it

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ok so stop winning, man up and talk to your favorite lawyer for some compensational action!

Then sell the crap out of the zipper and have a great day!! :mrgreen:

7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCHTzumpk4Q7]

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Mike,

No disrespect, but are you serious? Apparently, your not understanding my patent. My patent states that the solution manifold is located between the two vacuum ports, not behind the ports. Come on, your smarter than that to see the clear difference. I did a very thorough patent search and there is nothing out there like MY design. Thanks for the concern though.
Mikey P said:
Erik

What about the Chemspec DD wand?

It had two vac ports as well?

Not giving you crap just wondering.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Mike,
Thanks for your support. Your right, I have countless hours, money, and a true passion into this design after many years in the carpet cleaning industry myself looking for an easier way to clean carpet without breaking my back. And to the person helping with the design of the Stryker, I won't mention any names, but you know who you are, I considered you a friend and you had full access to my drawings and I trusted you with them. Some friend!!!!!!

Mike Draper said:
Why all the asshole remarks towards Erik? Do you guys like it when Chem dry comes to town to ruin your business, then someone says " I doubt you have the money to take on chem-dry. I though us little guys are what makes things tick, especially in an economy like we have today. Us small business owners put everything we have in our lives into a business, all our money, lots of leg work, time, ideas and even our family whether they like it or not are heavily involved in our buisiness. So when a big guy like Blueline comes along with a new wand that is similar in many ways to Erik's tool that he has put his blood and sweat into for many years, I'm sure you can see why he is frustrated. Seriously, how many of you guys have used his Zipper tool at connections or elsewhere? It's a the Mercedes of all wands.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Do both the Stryker and Zipper direct the solution straight down into the carpet? No shearing action? Doesn't that drive soil deeper into the carpet, beyond any vacuum's ability to recover?

What's the tube diameter of the Stryker? Why not 2"?

From what I've seen so far, I'll keep my Greenhorn.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
John,

The solution manifold of the Zippper is angled to the front port at a 30 degree angle and does not direct the solution into the backing of the carpet. I personally think the Greenhorn wand is one of the best wands on the market and if your happy with it, thats great. The Zipper is not designed for every capet cleaning situation. There is a different tool for every circumstance.
John La Rue said:
Do both the Stryker and Zipper direct the solution straight down into the carpet? No shearing action? Doesn't that drive soil deeper into the carpet, beyond any vacuum's ability to recover?

What's the tube diameter of the Stryker? Why not 2"?

From what I've seen so far, I'll keep my Greenhorn.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

TimP

Mike Draper said:

I wasn't trying to be an asshole with my comment. I was just stating what Greenie said and the reason why he don't make patents.

Mikey P

Administrator
Many are concerned with the fact that the spray bar is going to plug up bad in hard water areas and from heavy emulsifier use.

I know my Drimaster tool sure does, not sure about the RDM though.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
RDM, doesn't really gunk up except in the center vacuum slot and the center plastic piece pops up to clean that out. It has its own filter screen that needs cleaned out every 3-4 months and the slots bars cleaned out maybe every 6 months is what we notice, when we are using it regularly.

G

Ron Werner said:
Erik said:
... I considered you a friend and you had full access to my drawings and I trusted you with them. Some friend!!!!!!

Where did I here this before??

The guy that worked with Dusty then "copying" the designs for the Wolverine and the spin dryer.

Yeah, if you have an idea, learn from all of these guys in the industry. Just keep it to yourself and patent it, then bring it to market. Non-disclosure agreements if you have to show it to someone in this industry.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Erik said:
Mike,

I most certainly do have a patent on my dual vacuum ports w/ the solution manifold positioned in the center.

That's odd because I have had this tool called the RX-20 since 1983 that has a solution manifold between the vacuum ports.

The cool thing about this machine is it has like 5 vacuum ports with a solution manifold between each port and you don't even

have to drag it, it has a motor that propels it for you.

Mike Draper

Kevin McCreary said:
Erik said:
Mike,

That's odd because I have had this tool called the RX-20 since 1983 that has a solution manifold between the vacuum ports.

The cool thing about this machine is it has like 5 vacuum ports with a solution manifold between each port and you don't even

RX-20 = HUGE POS! You couldn't pay me to own or use one of those things again.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Mike Draper said:
[quote="Kevin McCreary":3gwcwgkd]
Erik said:
Mike,

RX-20 = HUGE POS! You couldn't pay me to own or use one of those things again.[/quote:3gwcwgkd]

Oh I agree, I hate using those POS padding soakers, I'm just saying vacuum slot/jet/vacuum slot
technology is nothing new here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom