Suggestions for boxing ring truckmount battle...

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
What would tickle me pink, would be to see records from multiple suppliers, as to which system is seen less and which more for repairs.

And that's the Butler.
Not from a reliable and comparable source.
Butler does not usually employ third party suppliers for repair. So the only record you can get is from the owners (some are fair minded, some tend to be somewhat shilly, some enamored, some have never used other units to compare), or Butler; all of which which I do not always trust.

The only worthy data will be either from suppliers that service all. Or from large cleaning companies that have enough of all units, to be statistically significant.

From a supplier I know that deals with many truck mounts, Butlers did not prove to need less repairs.

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
Not from a reliable and comparable source.
Butler does not usually employ third party suppliers for repair. So the only record you can get is from the owners (some are fair minded, some tend to be somewhat shilly, some enamored, some have never used other units to compare), or Butler; all of which which I do not always trust.

The only worthy data will be either from suppliers that service all. Or from large cleaning companies that have enough of all units, to be statistically significant.

From a supplier I know that deals with many truck mounts, Butlers did not prove to need less repairs.
You go from stating not enough comparative data is available to substantiate my claim that Butlers are simple and dependable units to making a firm contrary claim using the same lack of data.

Yeah that makes sense.

Name
Robert Falzone
Many of the demo vans at the show aren't setup for working in the field, so setup time using a particular machine has less to do with the machine and more about how an operator sets up his van.

I like the suggestion to use various tools at 150 ft. Each tool puts a unique load on the truckmount, so we could operate a Titan 575 with an RX20 at 500 PSI at 150 ft. for 5 minutes and then measure the heat from the thermostat on the machine and take a temp reading at the working end. We could then disattach the hose from the Titan and move it to another machine and operate it identically and then compare notes.

There's at lot we could do. As we get closer to the big day we'll gauge the interest of board members to see how much time we devote to this.

Thanks for your input. I don't care what Mikey tells me about some of you in private, I think your'e a great group of folks.

Name
Robert Falzone
Engineered obsolescence is a dirty word in some parts. The Hyundai motor uses a rubber belt for a timing chain instead of a real metal chain like a Ford motor. I agree that some machines and some motors are built to last longer. Unfortunately the only real way to find out is to wait and see. That's why I like boards like this. If someone makes a lemon, we'll all hear about it soon enough...but not soon enough for those who've already bought the lemon.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Engineered obsolescence is a dirty word in some parts. The Hyundai motor uses a rubber belt for a timing chain instead of a real metal chain like a Ford motor. I agree that some machines and some motors are built to last longer. Unfortunately the only real way to find out is to wait and see. That's why I like boards like this. If someone makes a lemon, we'll all hear about it soon enough...but not soon enough for those who've already bought the lemon.
As long as it's not an interference motor.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Who can maintain over 200 atw with 12flow. None of this 01 Arizona mister spraying the carpet creating a steam show for the customer. Who has the heat.?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Honestly I don't give a rats ass.

Well that maybe that's an over statement. I'll give one rats ass, but no more than that. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ruff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom