Take an old kitchen, throw in a few elves and...

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
image.jpg

This kitchen took us 45 man hours to degrease, clean (including the range and hood) from ceiling to floor. Now it is ready to be used as a community outreach by a large church in Chattanooga.

Reactions: Mikey P

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Mostly low tech, Ray. It is an old church and the kitchen is used regularly, but hasn't been professionally cleaned in decades. We bagged the smoke detectors and simply sprayed degreaser on the ceiling, followed by soft scrubbing and rinsing with microfiber mops. Two elves got the ceiling and walls done in three hours. I was happy for the overspray to land on the counters and floors.
Meanwhile we worked on the oven area and serving lines, but when the ceiling was finished, began working the appliances and cabinets.
We used vapor to clean the grout and since the floor has no drains, recovered slops by vacuuming.
Eye protection, disposable aprons and rubber gloves served as protection, plus I avoid butoxyl-containing products because they give me headaches. It all boiled down to energy, attitude and persistence. Wore those kids out. Wore me out.

The payoff is that they now get to serve meals to outsiders. I call that a great way to use the Lord's kitchen!

Reactions: hogjowl and Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom