Tech/Computer help

Jamesh921

Name
James
"Windows Installer" keeps popping up on my computer, slowing the window loading process.

It doesn't happen every time I open a window, but it does happen about 70% of the time.

Anybody know how to keep this program from running without screwing up my computer?

Thanks,
James

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
It is a service that you need to disable.

Go to:
Control panel
Administrative tools
Services
Scroll down to find WINDOWS INSTALLER
Right click to properties.
Change start up type to DISABLE.
OK
Also right click to stop service while you are there or restart.

You could probably also uncheck in msconfig under services if you know how then restart.

By the way....what is it trying to accomplish/install, and have you ever gave it enough time to do what it wants to?

Jamesh921

Name
James
Thanks Frank. That helped alot.

But it still flashes on the screen briefly when I right-click and open in new window.

It goes away and allows the window to load, so it doesn't slow down the computer to a snails crawl like it did before.

I have no idea what it's trying to load.

It just started doing it after I removed a 90 day trial program of MS Office. And then had to reinstall it because, for some reason, after removing the trial program I could no longer access my MS Works files.

After restoring the 90 day trial, I could access them, but this stupid Window Installer box would keep popping up and trying to load = slowing my computer way down, especially on start-up.

It's only a flash now, but still annoying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom