Teflon Wand Glides Pros And Cons

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Maybe I'm missing out or behind the times but, I don't use teflon glides, I was thinking about trying them but one of the guys at one of my distributors I deal with said they clog easy and he didn't recommend them since they are so pricey I haven't bothered to try them. Are they worth the price? and do they clog easy?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
come here so i can slap you...

get one TOMMOROW!!!!!

get a hybred, i get a clog once in a blue moon...and the ease of using them,,pfft not even close...

what kinda machine you running...

oh and kick that salesman in the nads....

Mikey P

Administrator
They only clog if you're a non vacuuming hack and once you learn how to use it you would pay $200 every month if you had no choice.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
you are very foolish if you think a couple hundred bucks is worth your back pains, call lisa at greenglides and she will hook you up. also dont go price hunting on glides you get what you pay for. buy from greenglides and you wont regret it.

Bob Foster

Three types of glides

Slotted - harder to push but more tolerant for doing work where you are not vacuuming
Holed - best air movement for best dry times, but you need to vacuum or it may occasionaly plug one of the 30 holes in the glide
Hybrid - best of both - its slotted with holes

Call Lisa at Greenglides.

You might want to question yourself about how much your distributor really knows or if he is acting in your best interest or his.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
But *** doesn't recommend them. They must not be good, right? :shock:

If lived in my service area, I would tell you they are a big waste of money.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if you don't vac every job, get a slot...
i own all three, slot, hybrid and hole....trust me

The hole is easiest to push, but the slot cleans deeper/better.

oh yea, and buy it from Lisa

..L.T.A.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ron Werner said:
I use a hybrid on restaurants, the only jobs I don't prevac, rarely does it clog
The holed glide very rarely clogs since I prevac
Slotted, forget that one and go hybrid!

holy hell!!!!!!!

RON DOESNT VAC SOMETHING!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Even if you don't pre-vacuum, a holed glide doesn't clog. You will see any debris that could clog it. Aside from faster dry times, and easier wanding, you don't get that maddening wand skip on certain carpets. Notch your wand so you can slide it off when you need to.

ascrubabove

I saved up my lunch money and got glides for prochem stair tool and quad wand, got the hybrid, man what a difference, faster dry time and easy to push / pull, I can clean twice as much as I used too befor I get crippled!!!!!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
floorguy said:
Ron Werner said:
I use a hybrid on restaurants, the only jobs I don't prevac, rarely does it clog
The holed glide very rarely clogs since I prevac
Slotted, forget that one and go hybrid!

holy hell!!!!!!!

RON DOESNT VAC SOMETHING!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That's what I was gonna say

Greenie

I just can't see Ron NOT vacuuming a restaurant.

oh yea, and buy it from Lisa: 866-438-8335

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
8)
I used to vacuum the restaurants but so little came out because it was all stuck in with the grease, so why bother.
In this Restaurant post I just made, I actually did run the vac over it quickly. Didn't feel like having to deal with pulling the hose off and sucking up the stuff that wouldn't get through the hybrid.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Mikey P said:
They only clog if you're a non vacuuming hack and once you learn how to use it you would pay $200 every month if you had no choice.

I must be a hack then, I normally tell the customer to vac the day before It saves me time, saves the customer money and gets them to clean all the crap from behind their furniture most of the areas I work you can't charge the amounts some of you guys charge most of these people ask me what i'm doing when I groom the carpet because they've never seen it done before. So if I'm a hack in your opinion than thats your opinion. Oh and for being sight administrator that was a very unprofessional post. The rest of you guys thanks for the advice I give them a try.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
It was nice knowing you.. I believe the wolfs will be along shortly after a post like that! (tisk tisk.. shouldn't condemn Mikey.. lol)

But seriously... You owe yourself a huge favor to invets in a glide or even two if if will fit your stair tool. You may not need to claim the dry time improvements, but the production benefits will make you alot of money by saving you time.

Scott Rogers

Im agree with Meat get the slot glide.

And trust me Mikey can take it as good as he gives it. You got to respect that about the man. Unlike most you whinny ass bitches.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
don't be so hard on Mike, he is one of the best you just got to know how to take it from him

don't know what machine you have or how much vacuum it has but the best and only reason to buy a glide is because it makes cleaner easier on your body

I was thinking about trying them but one of the guys at one of my distributors I deal with said they clog easy and he didn't recommend them

I will never understand this from sales guy, he will try to sell you some crap that only lines his pocket but doesn't want to sell you something that will help you

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
steve frasier said:
don't be so hard on Mike, he is one of the best you just got to know how to take it from him

don't know what machine you have or how much vacuum it has but the best and only reason to buy a glide is because it makes cleaner easier on your body

I was thinking about trying them but one of the guys at one of my distributors I deal with said they clog easy and he didn't recommend them

I will never understand this from sales guy, he will try to sell you some crap that only lines his pocket but doesn't want to sell you something that will help you

I have a Hydramaster Boxxer 421 & Steamway 4100 both have tuthill 4005 blowers.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
everfresh1 said:
Maybe I'm missing out or behind the times but, I don't use teflon glides, I was thinking about trying them but one of the guys at one of my distributors I deal with said they clog easy and he didn't recommend them since they are so pricey I haven't bothered to try them. Are they worth the price? and do they clog easy?

Prevac....no clogs in your glide! :wink: Man that sounds sooo simple.....

oh yeah I almost forgot to say call Lisa at Greenglides!

Zee

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
had an old aw29 12" wand with a holed glide, Cleanco 4.7, 150ft of 2", about 200 at the truck
Had the carpet feeling quite dry within an hour
Was super easy to push. My buddy tried it and didn't even break sweat, and he sweats doing dishes!!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
even with a good vaccing, you'll still need to pull the cuff off the wand to vac any tiny piece of debris when using a hole glide

I hate stopping the wand , yanking the hose off to cuff a speck

as mentioned, the best reason for a glide is EASE of wanding.
That is there greatest benefit.

Less fatigue equates to host of good things through out the day

Oh yea, did i mention to buy it from Lisa :mrgreen:

seriously, her's are the best
and a bullet proof, "if you don't like it, send it back" policy is just icing on the cake!

..L.T.A.

CleanEvo

meAt said:
if you don't vac every job, get a slot...
i own all three, slot, hybrid and hole....trust me

The hole is easiest to push, but the slot cleans deeper/better.

oh yea, and buy it from Lisa

..L.T.A.

I never heard that the slot glides cleans deeper and better. I currently have a holed glide and am due to replace it, I was considering a hybrid this time.

Why does the slot clean better?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
CleanEvolve said:
I never heard that the slot glides cleans deeper and better. I currently have a holed glide and am due to replace it, I was considering a hybrid this time.

slot cleans deeper/better on cut piles cause the fiber bundles can pulled and lifted into the slot.
This will seem like heresy around here, but an UNglided wand will clean many cut piles better

you never heard it before cause 94.785% of the dudes out there can't figure anything out for themselvesand just parrot what they hear.
The more that say it, the more that parrot it.

It's a board phenomenon I've noticed for the last 8 years

..L.T.A.

Name
Nate W.
CleanEvolve said:

More agitation, the better it cleans. As it can suck up more fiber between the lips. I have tried the slotted glide with a Genisis ZXT (the gas one) and it was a lot harder to push than a hybrid.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom