Teflon Wand Glides Pros And Cons

Scott Rogers

I dont prevac most my jobs, The reason is most the jobs I do are trashed. I have to pre-scrub them and I use a GLS to do this. The GLS will pull shed fiber dirt and hair out of the base of the carpet better then any vacuum. But it leaves boogers all over the place,

When I use a slot glide and it eats those boogers without any problem.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
meAt said:
CleanEvolve said:
I never heard that the slot glides cleans deeper and better. I currently have a holed glide and am due to replace it, I was considering a hybrid this time.

Why does the slot clean better?

slot cleans deeper/better on cut piles cause the fiber bundles can pulled and lifted into the slot.
This will seem like heresy around here, but an UNglided wand will clean many cut piles better

you never heard it before cause 94.785% of the dudes out there can't figure anything out for themselvesand just parrot what they hear.
The more that say it, the more that parrot it.

It's a board phenomenon I've noticed for the last 8 years

..L.T.A.

So are you saying buy a slotted rather than a hybrid ?

Scott Rogers

I have both, I use both. Yes the slot is better at cleaning. The hybrid will give slightly better dry times.

If you can only buy one then you have to choose what is more important to you. Either of them will be a improvement over a non glided wand

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
everfresh1 said:
So are you saying buy a slotted rather than a hybrid ?

I consider the slot to be the best choice.
many disagree with me.

I'll put this way.
If you can only afford one glide, it should be a slot.
if for no other reason than efficiency.
Cause every time you have to stop the wand, pull the vac hose and cuff a speck of debris, lint, etc, you're losing money

..L.T.A.

My first greenglide was a slot, it came with the high performance greenhorn wand. When I replaced it I decided to get the hybrid style, just made better sense. But I have a hard time getting the cuff off the wand, sometime I feel like I want to go lay down after wrestling with it. My glide is starting to flatten some, so within 30 days I will be calling greenie for a slotted one again. Liked that style the most. I would never clean without a glide. Its like ordering a new car without air, just wouldn't be right. Ron

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ronald pantelas said:
But I have a hard time getting the cuff off the wand, sometime I feel like I want to go lay down after wrestling with it.

what hose cuff are you using, Ron?

if using Greenie's light weight flEXiall vac hose with stock stiff black plastic cuff, I feel your pain.
Cause I pi$$ed and moaned about that POS being near impossible to remove from day one.

I whined so much that GreenTeam sent me a FREE male swivel cool cuff. :mrgreen:
(THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU)
that made things MUCH better.
Still not as easy as removing the industry standard gray cuff.
But will last many times longer and doesn't get soft with use and slip off the wand like my previous favorite gray cuffs

so if you don't have a male swivel CC, order one.
You'll like it better

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Nate The Great said:
CleanEvolve said:
I never heard that the slot glides cleans deeper and better. I currently have a holed glide and am due to replace it, I was considering a hybrid this time.

Why does the slot clean better?

More agitation, the better it cleans. As it can suck up more fiber between the lips. I have tried the slotted glide with a Genisis ZXT (the gas one) and it was a lot harder to push than a hybrid.

Only if you don't prep well enough. That extra aggitation is what pulls up much more carpet fibre as well, that didn't come off with the vacuuming. The holed glide, or event the hybrid is much easier on the carpet. I used my old slotted glide a couple weeks ago, left the carpet wetter than the holed glide too.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
meAt said:
even with a good vaccing, you'll still need to pull the cuff off the wand to vac any tiny piece of debris when using a hole glide

"good" vacuuming???? Really? I don't have to worry about it much. The larger holes at the end of a holed glide are quite sufficient for 95% of any bits kicked up by the Sebo.

Scott Rogers said:
I dont prevac most my jobs, The reason is most the jobs I do are trashed.

Good reason to prevac!

G

I like my hole glide; I am looking into buying at least 2 or 3 more after taxes get here; I also got a new Westpak 4 jet wnad on the way; I think I am gonna do a hybrid on it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
8)
I used to vacuum the restaurants but so little came out because it was all stuck in with the grease, so why bother.
In this Restaurant post I just made, I actually did run the vac over it quickly. Didn't feel like having to deal with pulling the hose off and sucking up the stuff that wouldn't get through the hybrid.

Only took him an hour...I new there was a catch.
:wink:

Rex Tyus

Larry Cobb said:
In spite of his financial problems...

Ken Harris DID introduce the Teflon® glide to the carpet cleaning industry.

Larry

and...........? What is your point? Did part of your post get cut off or something? :?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom