Telemarketing Strategy

randy

Name
Randy
Tom Mabe has some really great stuff on youtube, hilarious. I have 19 lines total for several different businesses and it's nothing short of crazy the volume of robocalls we get. Some stupid security alarm company calls me at least twice a day. The salesmen pretending to be google verification is over the top too. I believe the record was 41 calls in one day. Now we have nomorerobo and it's drasticly reduced the volume. It even works on smartphones and can be set to dump the call into voicemail if it's a reported robocall or live telemarketer. If one gets through you report it (takes 10 seconds) on the app and now it's blocked. They even have a free 30 day trial.

Reactions: Chris Howell

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Back in October, after years of abusing telemarketers, I changed tactics.

Prior to this though, I would keep all telemarketers numbers, listed under "Dickhead", & whenever that appeared on my screen, I would hang up before even answering.

Since October, whenever a "Private Number" appeared on my screen, I would answer the cell in a croaky old voice, just with "Hello"??

Then the telemarketer starts their spiel, & I interrupt saying, "Are you looking for my Son"??

They generally say they're looking for Get Shorty.

I then ask if they KNEW my Son, making out that I am also slightly deaf/hard of hearing.

They again repeat who they're looking for.

I then say that my Son passed away & we are closing his business down.

Some apologise & offer sympathy, others hang up.

Since a week or so prior to Christmas, up until now, I can't recall getting a single telemarketer call.

It's harsh, I know, but feck 'em, it works.

:yoda:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom