Thank You All So Much!

Neil E

Name
Neil E
I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for continuing to help me get through a difficult time. You see, back in September, I was standing about 5 feet from an explosion at work that was heard and felt for miles away. Somehow I managed to not die and spent 10 days in the Burn ICU with 2nd and 3rd degree fire burns on my neck and arms, in addition, I also received chemical burns throughout my body.

It's been a long and frustrating 15 weeks of slow recovery so far and while my burns are doing great, it's the continual concussion symptoms and constant ringing my ears that is so aggravating, but I'll get there with time and patience.

I owned a company back in the 2000's that mostly focused on hard surfaces until I decided to get into the industry that I'm currently in, so I've known about Mikey's board for a while now, I had just never posted anything. So a couple of months ago I was on my computer with a lot of healing time ahead of me and remembered Mikey's Board and have been reading daily ever since! I've spent the majority of my time here in The Clean Room reading backwards, thread by thread and I believe I'm about 100 pages (1 year) back so far and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

I've read so much in the last couple of months, I feel like I know you guys already! In fact, I better wrap this up soon before Marty or Jimmy light me up. :lol:

Mikey's Fest 2018 in St. Pete is right around the corner from me so I would love to hang out and meet some of the guys/girls that make this such a great board!

Thank you Mark Saiger for the great videos... Don't pay attention to the Bully's... especially this one :marty: :biggrin:

Last but not least... Thank You Mikey for starting this wonderful board!

Happy New Year! :very_drunk: :rockon:

Neil

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I was miles away and didn't hear the big explosion.. I call bs...!!

:lol: :lol:

Welcome to the board.

Reactions: Neil E

Neil E

Name
Neil E
What nice post! Don't be a stranger to posting. Ask questions or add comments. Please feel free to make of Marty & Jimmy, you have my permission. :winky:
JK those dudes know some shit...well! :biggrin:

Thanks for the welcome Mr. Jockey or is it Rico?... Richard?... Dick? Ugh... Marty and Jimmy call you by so many names it can get confusing. :biggrin:

Neil I only have love for you man...............right now. That could change tomorrow when I'm off my meds.

Even though it's the meds talking... I'll still take the love Jimmy. :biggrin:

Neil, you have a long row to hoe. I like your attitude and sure do wish you well as you recover.
There’s a lot to be said for not getting killed!

I don't know what "row to hoe" is but it sounds interesting enough to try at least once. :biggrin: And yes, an experience like that will definitely put things into perspective real quick.

Neil E

Name
Neil E
Wish you the best Neil. Hope to meet you at MF St. Pete.

Thanks Bob and I hope to meet you and maybe get to check out that pretty Butler of yours up at MF :lol:

Jimmy’s tin foil hat may help with that ringing in your ears.

Jimmy, will your Tin Foil Hat work on this particular issue of mine or is Marty getting my hopes up?

Wow, what a story. Welcome Neil. Looking forward to meeting you at Mikey's Fest. Where are you located in Florida? I'm in the St Pete area.

Hello Rick, I'm over here in Lakeland.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Oh wow. That's tough. Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you need some sock or banjo pics to pick you up, let me know.

Neil E

Name
Neil E
I was miles away and didn't hear the big explosion.. I call bs...!!

:lol: :lol:

Welcome to the board.

Oh yeah... I see what you did there... This is "If a tree falls in the woods and nobody's around" kinda thing. You being in California probably just barely put you out of range from hearing it. :shifty:

Thank you Mark, are you planning on attending MF in St. Pete this March during Spring Break or are you too attached to the snow up there? :eekk:

He probably suffered brain damage.

That’s why he likes your videos.

That may also be why I have a better appreciation for you this time around Marty. :stir:

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Neil E

Name
Neil E
Oh wow. That's tough. Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you need some sock or banjo pics to pick you up, let me know.

Thanks Damon... "Sock or Banjo pics"... That sounds more up Marty's :marty: alley then mine.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thanks for the welcome Mr. Jockey or is it Rico?... Richard?... Dick? Ugh... Marty and Jimmy call you by so many names it can get confusing. :biggrin:

Even though it's the meds talking... I'll still take the love Jimmy. :biggrin:

I don't know what "row to hoe" is but it sounds interesting enough to try at least once. :biggrin: And yes, an experience like that will definitely put things into perspective real quick.
Sounds like you'll do great here Neil. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery and am looking forward to your posts here.

Reactions: Neil E

Neil E

Name
Neil E
Sounds like you'll do great here Neil. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery and am looking forward to your posts here.

Thank you Ron, I really appreciate all of the great Knowledge AND Witt that comes with this board! And even though I'm more of a hard surface guy, I'm thoroughly enjoying learning (attempting) all of the intricacies of Carpet.

Neil E

Name
Neil E
Was this you?

That would be the one and believe it or not, I hadn't watched any of those news stories until just now. I've only seen limited pictures of the inside, but the sheer destruction in them is just mind boggling!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Oh yeah... I see what you did there... This is "If a tree falls in the woods and nobody's around" kinda thing. You being in California probably just barely put you out of range from hearing it. :shifty:

Thank you Mark, are you planning on attending MF in St. Pete this March during Spring Break or are you too attached to the snow up there? :eekk:

:stir:
Yep....I am making plans as I type....

Also leave in about 3 weeks for Florida with the wife and the Puppies...

Get home after being gone 5 weeks and turn and burn right back down there..

I HATE the cold right now!

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Neil E

Name
Neil E

Sounds Great! Hey... Maybe you could make a video of you making plans to come to Fl. for Marty to enjoy. :clap:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Have a speedy recovery, Neil. Well 15 weeks in, that possibility is out the window. I hope the rest of the recovery goes well.

Neil E

Name
Neil E
Have a speedy recovery, Neil. Well 15 weeks in, that possibility is out the window. I hope the rest of the recovery goes well.

Thank you Scott... My dad was in the Army for 26 years and one of the 10 cities we lived in my first 15 years of life before he retired to Florida in 1991 was out in West Valley City, UT. Beautiful country out there, we used to take the four wheelers and dirt bikes up in the mountains a lot. :biggrin:

Reactions: J Scott W

Neil E

Name
Neil E
Two of those chemicals are in our spotting arsenal.

It's all "Controlled Chaos" Lee... well... That is until something goes sideways!

We deal with a lot of super concentrated and volatile Oxidizers, Caustics, Acids, Solvents etc. in my industry, cleaning Tile and Grout was definitely a lot safer for me.

Reactions: J Scott W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom