The Chemistry Of Clean!

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I dont. It is in fact a very popular encap. 2 oz per gallon is all you need in most cases

AngelaG

Supportive Member
Name
Angela Gentry
Hey there! Sorry for the delay in responding! Lee had the right idea - you won't get a high quality product at a higher dilution ratio just because there are only so many solids that we can get into a concentrate. The Smartcap line is bringing low moisture products that we've already had under one banner. The one new product is the Precap Prespray/Spotter, which was designed for heavier soils. It works great and we are confident in our chemistry! Now would be a good time to try the product as it is 25% off until the end of the month. I'd love to hear what you think!

Reactions: Mikey P and DAT

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yeah, I don’t go for that. My quat is 1 oz per gallon, my protectant is 15:1, my urine treatment is 1oz per gallon, and so on. All work very well. CTI’s dirt chaser also has some terrific dilution ratios.

My comment wasn’t targeted toward encap juices. But rather how companies keep cutting the pie thinner and thinner. I can’t drive around with 20 gallons of product like Unleashed. I’ve found better stuff. But like my protectant, Aramsco bought out the DuPont 15:1 and is now pushing the Maxum, so I had to search back roads to find it. I can now get it again, life is good.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Hey there! Sorry for the delay in responding! Lee had the right idea - you won't get a high quality product at a higher dilution ratio just because there are only so many solids that we can get into a concentrate. The Smartcap line is bringing low moisture products that we've already had under one banner. The one new product is the Precap Prespray/Spotter, which was designed for heavier soils. It works great and we are confident in our chemistry! Now would be a good time to try the product as it is 25% off until the end of the month. I'd love to hear what you think!
have a video of it being used on dirty carpet?

Reactions: SamIam

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
@Lee Stockwell product ive been using lately is Awesome which i got from Damon William. Great stuff, at 2 oz per gallon can work wonder on trashed carpets. I usually boost it with magic bullet and peroxide if needed. I dont cheap out on chemicals. I wouldn't mind trying out the smart cap but ive been hooked on vacaway products lately because it hasnt failed me. Love that oxy pro encap harvard still..:winky:

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
For truely trashed carpet, yes. Its 2 oz of awesome, 1 oz of magic bullet, and 1 oz of o2 (detonator) per gallon if doing CRB/compound or padcapping.

I still prefer HWE in this situation..

If just lightly soild carpet, 2 oz of Awesome is all you need, most common for me when CRB/compound.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
For truely trashed carpet, yes. Its 2 oz of awesome, 1 oz of magic bullet, and 1 oz of o2 (detonator) per gallon if doing CRB/compound or padcapping.

I still prefer HWE in this situation..

If just lightly soild carpet, 2 oz of Awesome is all you need, most common for me when CRB/compound.
Magic bullets and detonators. You sure you are a carpet cleaner?

Tom Forsythe

I have stayed out of this post so as to not step on CTI. My comment will be generic and apply to all products. Somehow dilution suggestions have become the determination of the products cost. Our dilution instructions are suggestions or starting points for your system. We do not have a mathematical formula where we come up with the dilution. You will notice that the dilutions we use are modeled after the Hydro-Force sprayer: 1 to 4, 1 to 8, 1 to 16, 1 to 32, etc. We had a recent visit from a local cleaner who was upset that his product was discontinued by another supplier with a recommended dilution of 1 oz. per gallon. He did not think that a product that we recommend at 4 oz. per gallon could match his product if he diluted our product at 1 oz. per gallon. A test still needed to be done, but the possibility of equal performance should be examined.

We along with other manufacturers make concentrated products with dilution suggestions. However, we believe that we do not set the price, but the cleaner sets the price by choosing how much water you want to add. Several years ago someone came out with a 3X encapsulant to compete with the double strength formulas in the market place. We were curious and got a sample (we only look at a handful of competitive products a year). We did a dry down solids test and found out that if the competitive formula was 3X then we have been lying about our 2X formulas for years. Comparing the weight of our dry down solids, if the competitive product was 3X then our product was 6X. In short, when you do side by side testing, we suggest testing at the same Ready to Use gallon price even if it does not match label dilution instructions. We make strong coffee rather than weak coffee as you cannot make weak coffee stronger but you can dilute strong coffee to make it weaker.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Magic bullets and detonators. You sure you are a carpet cleaner?

Yup, why?

That just for the low moisture side. Very rare that I put it into the solution sprayer, only if theres a lot of mystery stains. Normally I use the 4 oz mag bullet with 4 oz awesome in 32 oz bottle as super spotter... amazing combo.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yup, why?

That just for the low moisture side. Very rare that I put it into the solution sprayer, only if theres a lot of mystery stains. Normally I use the 4 oz mag bullet with 4 oz awesome in 32 oz bottle as super spotter... amazing combo.
sounds more like a terrorist but as long as you are just scaring the dirt out of the carpets, I guess that's ok.

Reactions: SamIam and DAT

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Stay away from FILM FORMERS

Why?

edge-o-kate pleeze

I think all of them are halfass to the max compared to scrub and extract

but yea, I've sold my sole to the devil for money before too
But I always felt a "little dirty" after padding or full blown scrub 'n run encRap.....

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Encap works!

Although we are hard-core HWE with the best of equipment and toys, we both have encap on the the truck.

Many times it is the BEST solution, certainly not a compromise in any repect.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Encap works!

Although we are hard-core HWE with the best of equipment and toys, we both have encap on the the truck.

Many times it is the BEST solution, certainly not a compromise in any repect.
I have a building I am bidding on right now. There is no water supply, no toilet to dump dirty water in, no parking for a truck mount. All commercial glue down carpet. The previous cleaner has been using a 175 and bonnet. We are planning to prevac with a pile lifter and clean with either our sprayborg or cimex. I can bring all the cleaning solution I need either in 2.5 gallon jugs for the sprayborg or 5 gal containers for the cimex. We are seeing more and more buildings that are difficult or impossible to access with a truck mount and don't have anywhere to get enough water for a portable. Encap fills the void if done properly.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if "cleaning" is defined as the removing of soil, then there's no such thing as "done properly" encRap...period

..L.T.A.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I've encrapped thousands of sf, Lee
and padded w/encRapoo many thousands more

it's an inferior "clean"
anyone that suggests otherwise isn't being intellectually honest or they're plain stoopit

..L.T.A.
If it was so inferior, why'd you do it? Sounds like you ripped off a lot of people doing those thousands and thousands of sqft.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Encap is appearance management.

A vacuum removes soil but does it improve appearance? Not very measurable.

Vacuum first, then Encap and you'll clean and improve appearance. :cool:
But everyone should be vacuuming regardless of method. Remove the easy soil first, then proceed with your system of choice.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom