The difference between price and value - you judge

Bob Foster

Being half the price of the exact same thing from someone else is too much difference on larger dollar items. Buying the occasional widget that is 5 bucks instead of 10 bucks is ok if you value your relationship with specific suppliers. Incremental sales of little items add up over the year.

The Internet has made honest suppliers out of some of our local suppliers and also put some out of business (some of which I don’t feel the least bit sorry for). These forums have been the bellwether for determining fair pricing (notice I didn't say cheap pricing) and the commensurate level of service one should reasonably expect.

Before we were on the boards how long would it have taken for us to be aware of the many fine suppliers who choose to come here and help us out in many ways? If your regional distributors are not making their presence known here you have to question why. On the other hand, there are distributors amongst us who personally and corporately make big contributions to our industry and the board but unselfishly choose to keep a lower profile. Remember that the next time you need a product or service.

F

FB7777

Re: The differnce between price and value - you judge

Before we were on the boards how long would it have taken for us to be aware of the many fine suppliers who choose to come here and help us out in many ways?

my guess is NEVER because we wouldn't be here to aware of them in the first place

If your regional distributors are not making their presence known here you have to question why.

maybe because there is more money to be made in the real world

On the other hand, there are distributors amongst who personally and corporately make big contributions to our industry and the board but unselfishly choose to keep a lower profile. Remember that the next time you need a product or service.

Stop being cryptic ,how do we buy from these anonymous givers?

Did Waldo leave his crack pipe at your house?

Bob Foster

For the longest time we tried to convince Mark Cermak to speak up more about his services here but he refused to. I don't think a lot of people realize the effort he and his wife Andrechelle have put into this board, their associations and their carpet cleaning business and their internet company. For each of their endeavours many of us here have benefited whether we know it or not.

There are others but I want to respect their decision not to make waves.

What goes around - comes around - almost always.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom