The Great Wand Off of 2016

Name
Scott Turknett
The videos were excellent. I really don't understand why Interlink didn't call you in more during development of their wand. I'm sure their wand was an expensive enterprise but it seems to be typical of development by committee products. We knew the Tom wand was the one to measure the others by and I was surprised at the praise the SS wand received and now that is under consideration as well. The Dang wand may be a good wand if you have employees that are going to throw it around due to price and adequate swivel. Throw away wands have a place in this business as well. The Evolution wand is heavily promoted and I don't understand why it hasn't been upgraded or replaced by Hydra Master. It is a disincentive to buying one of their truck mounts. IMO.
I bought two new cds's this spring, and sold the evolution wands before I got home from Seattle. They are not my cup of tea

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Robseyes

Name
Bob
Hey Mike,
How long are some of these wands? I'm 6'4 and have used the old Prochem quad jet for years, but it's too short. I've tried the Big Evolution wand, but I'm not fond of it for the reasons you've already mentioned. I'm currently using the stainless model from Sapphire that came with my 570. It's ok bit it's not my favorite. Is the SS long enough for a big guy? I've been doing this for 28 years and I need to think smarter as the body gets older!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hey Mike,
How long are some of these wands? I'm 6'4 and have used the old Prochem quad jet for years, but it's too short. I've tried the Big Evolution wand, but I'm not fond of it for the reasons you've already mentioned. I'm currently using the stainless model from Sapphire that came with my 570. It's ok bit it's not my favorite. Is the SS long enough for a big guy? I've been doing this for 28 years and I need to think smarter as the body gets older!
If you don't have enough money for Tom's wand, yet need a wand big enough for your height, the next best thing is the Mach15. I'm 6'5" and I used the prochem quad before I bought my Mach15. I love it.

I still plan on using it on big rooms when I purchase Tom's wand with the swivel, just because it's comfortable, has a big opening on the glide, and air flow is wonderful.

Mikey P

Administrator
Any of the PMF wands can be ordered with two extra inches of tube if so desired.
Matt is correct, the M15 is a whopper

Light wands with great airflow are a joy to use. No need to keep your hand on the assist handle to keep it from floating or bouncing around

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Where are you guys getting this cleaning 10 inches or reclining 2 inch idea?

Why don't you try cleaning like IICRC told us to clean and reclean 6inches with a 12inch wand.
I use a 12 inch wand and overlap my clean strokes by 1/3 to 1/2 of the wand width. Has nothing to do with iicrc, that's just how I was trained and it stuck. All the ladies I know say 6 inches is enough anyway.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Robseyes

Name
Bob
If you don't have enough money for Tom's wand, yet need a wand big enough for your height, the next best thing is the Mach15. I'm 6'5" and I used the prochem quad before I bought my Mach15. I love it.

I still plan on using it on big rooms when I purchase Tom's wand with the swivel, just because it's comfortable, has a big opening on the glide, and air flow is wonderful.

Is that a PMF wand with the really big head on it? I've been eyeballing one of those .....it is so light! I'm not sure if I want a really wide model yet. I'm checking out all the new ones before I decide. I want one I will use for awhile.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Is that a PMF wand with the really big head on it? I've been eyeballing one of those .....it is so light! I'm not sure if I want a really wide model yet. I'm checking out all the new ones before I decide. I want one I will use for awhile.
I've used both the 12 and 15. You can order the 12 in 1.5" and 2" vac tube. You can't go wrong with either size.

Reactions: Robseyes

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Thanks Matt! I think the stock SS wand that came with my 570 is a generic PMF wand. I'll have to look closer at the TI versions you are talking about.
If you want just the 1.5" mach12, make sure you get the Stainless Steel one. The titanium is too light for me. If you get the 2" version of either size, titanium will be fine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom