THE MITEY MIKE TECH IS HERE ???????????

CL

I would like to see some thing like the installs from down under, without using a slide in. The big trucks are nice but don't fit everyone.
Also, don't give Mikey any ideas about another room that we will have to pay for to see our own ideas.

Bob Foster

Does the pricing you see on the Fords include a box with back and side doors in a custom dimension?

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Why would blue-line and aero tech be watching ???

Do you think Butler is thinking about them first thing in the AM...

And if you do not think alot of modern science goes into building a Butler,you have never talked to Greg Steve...

He has helped build the industries standard for a long time...

These kind of trucks are best served in the large commercial market...

For residential,average carpet cleaners that want to just do homes and light commercial.Why would you spend 70 k on a truckmount...

Remember the point is to keep your money for you...

How many dust collectors have you bought since you all found the bbs?

Of course the more tools you have the easier to work with.But unless they are generating income constantly...

All you are doing is making more people richer off you sweat...

It is a nice truck,but not in the direction we need...

We need someone to build a hybrid type vehicle that is not dependent on using fossil fuels for cleaning...

These vehicles are coming,we should be helping to develop them.Or would you not like 3 times or more the gas mileage...

Or other ways to cut your overheads,so that you are ready for the supplier increases in other areas...

We have enough copy cats of chems,wands , trucks,What we need is really new ideas...

Just my 2 cents,I hope you guys sell a million of these trucks,But if you make a fuel efficient hybrid.that is what I would want...

In 21 years of business,The amount of money spent on gas.Is about 2.5 new butlers worth...Coming close to about 14 k just this far this year...

That is just money never ever seen again,but the sweat remains...

CL

I did a search on vans, and came across the Ford Jumbo Transit van in the U.K. This looks like a sweet van but it isn't sold in the U.S.
Can these be imported and what would it cost?
I think this would be a winner over the 'Big Box' truck with it's sleek lines, low load height, sliding doors on each side, and plenty of room. Besides, it would set you apart from the crowd.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Caesar said:
Why would blue-line and aero tech be watching ???

Hi Caesar,

Without being disrespectful, I think the above mentioned companies and others manufacturers would be silly if they don't. I know you don't have to worry at every moment what your competitors are up to, however to stick you head in the sand and not worry isn't a smart business practice.

Otherwise, you would have no idea whether what you are supplying is better or worse than what else is comparatively out there. And if manufacturers don't pay attention to what the market wants or demands, they will get left behind. I think bulletin boards such as this have done so much for the advancement of our industry. Over here in Australia, we closely follow our industry forum boards and listen to our customers and make changes accordingly, and this is one of the reasons we stay ahead of the pack over here. I think you will find there are more manufacturers listening in on here then they will admit.

Jim

Rex Tyus

I think you will find there are more manufacturers listening in on here then they will admit.

Jim

That is a fact. I have gotten unsolicited (yet appreciated) feedback from a couple of manufacturers / suppliers on questions I have raised here on Mikey's Board. To put things in perspective, you can bet your sweet ass Microsoft is watching the software arena very closely. The first sign of a threat and they are all over it. Smart manufacturers in our industry will do the same. Complacency kills! I remember someone reporting Butler being upset about some photo's released on the boards prematurely. There is also a rumor of a super Butler in the make. I am sure it has nothing to do with the success of the VAT'S though :roll:

Mikey P

Administrator
BCO20036.jpg

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Hey about about using electricity, or better yet build one that runs on water.

I agree with the C man.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
The new version Butlers are being designed for restoration...

the Super Butler is what Pete Seltzer has been using for at least a year and a half...

Special design for Zoots...At about 120 gs you do not see too many of them...

That Judson was in a ICS ad if i remember right...Unless I am thinking of the other models...

Now that is what I call forward thinking...Shame it was never tweaked as the years went bye.

I am sure some new technology can make it even more effiecent?

Now of course the Australians are watching,they should be...

I remember reading the Aussie trade mags years back,saying...Man do they need this and that...Stuff so readily available to us,but not them...

You guys are in the same boat as the UK guys...

Best of luck in your new version units,post them here whenever you get a chance...It is a great change from the old same old stuff...

Bob Foster

This GE would be good for guys that clean rugs in their shop and use their TM. Plug into a 220 in the garage and away you go. What are the power requirements. Is that a Baldor motor?

220 volt motor

bob

Yes it is a 5hp baldor motor the amp draw was 25 amps, most dryer receptacles are 30 amp 220 volt.

the TNT- GE had a roots 45 blower

The unit was priced out of the market at the time in 1982, but not now

I think we will have to bring this bad boy back to life

les

Mitey Mike Update

It looks like the Ford LCF will be around $29,000.

The Supreme Super Body with 5 roll up doors and a ramp will be around $10,000.

Les

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you have $40,000 to spend on the chassis, use a FUSO and you might have something worthwhile.

You can still offer a unit on an LCF for the "value" buyer. :p

Big Truck

Leslie,What have you got me into?.
You are trying to kill all my fishing time.

Since you have opened the door,here goes.

1. I will reveal how cleaners could spend $90,000.00 for a unit comprised of $43,510.00 worth of component parts.And end up with a truck that struggles up a hill.From a very reliable source.

2. The $39,000.00 do it yourself Big Truck.

3. The $49,000.00 Ultimate Cleaning Machine.

This will take some time,will keep board posted as to progress as I proceed.

Judson

Bob Foster

So Judson, make Les work the extra time and you can sit at the bench in the other corner of the shop tying flies and keep an eye on him. - Just kidding.

Are those prices you mentioned are for a complete rig including a cab-over truck?

We're intrigued.

Big Truck

Bob,The do it yourself truck

1 Pull up usedtrucks.ryder.com
2.Select a box truck with side door & roll up rear.
3.Add a High performance,Fuel efficient slide in unit.
4.Go to Sam's and purchase SS shelving.
5.Go to Tractor Supply and purchase AG spray tanks.weight is no problem in this truck,could pump waste water in them if desired.
6.Have local welder fab fold up steps for side & rear doors.

How is this for a rolling billboard.

Judson

RPM

Hi Steve,

We did slow down the blower when used with the electric motor. The RPM was 2150 @14".

A 220 volt motor of a larger horsepower, pulls more amps than is available in a home. We were limited to a five hp motor.

That was in 1982, things may be different today (more efficient).

Thanks
Les

Bob Foster

What about incorporating electric heat. That way you could use the machine indoors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom