The Retirement Pie--SILK

diamond brian

Because many of you boneheads seem to know everything about carpet cleaning, and nothing about retiring, I'd like to propose a retirement pie.

Just like the cleaning supply, the retirement pie will have 4 slices (to create as little confusion as possible).

Savings: How much of what you earn do you keep?

Investments: Of what you keep, what % return do you earn?

Lump Sums: Additional monies received due to sale of business, real properties, inheritance, etc.

Knowledge: Knowing how much $ you'll need to retire. Having at least a basic understanding of money and banking.

SILK

Feel free to add slices to this pie--just don't screw up my acronym.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Target age & a plan. How old do you want to be when you retire & how do plan to achieve that goal?

PLISKA

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
“Stop storing up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break in and steal. Rather, store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
diamond brian said:
Because many of you boneheads seem to know everything about carpet cleaning, and nothing about retiring, I'd like to propose a retirement pie.

Just like the cleaning supply, the retirement pie will have 4 slices (to create as little confusion as possible).

Savings: How much of what you earn do you keep?

Investments: Of what you keep, what % return do you earn?

Lump Sums: Additional monies received due to sale of business, real properties, inheritance, etc.

Knowledge: Knowing how much $ you'll need to retire. Having at least a basic understanding of money and banking.

SILK

Feel free to add slices to this pie--just don't screw up my acronym.

Brian, have you ever read Rich Dad, Poor Dad?

Back
Top Bottom