The school of hard rocks questions

Mikey P

Administrator
Ivan got me thinking. .

Where or how did you learn to clean tile?

On your own?
On the boards?
Supplier gave you a five minute tutorial when you bought your spinner?
YouTube?
Dane Gregory/iicrc class?
Learned from former employer
Other...

How about your limitations?
I'm surprised over how many of you don't clean stone

Or strip coatings..

Are you giving estimates or leaving when Mrs Pifts ceramic turns out to be limestone?

What are you scared of when it comes to natural stone?

What tools do you have on board to clean tile with?

What is your next related purchase?

Or is it too cold in your area to even worry about it...

steve_64

Been to busy cleaning carpet or really just to tired to be trying new stuff too.

Im heading in the hard surface cleaning though. I hope to get a new set up this coming year to help more.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
On my own. It's just ceramic tile and grout. Far simpler than carpet or upholstery. This ain't rocket science. Your just pressure washing inside and sucking up the water. I learned the rest the same way. I took a few classes after. Most were theory and a waste of time. I just bought everything and started. I did learn some nice tricks and secrets from a guys who's been at it for over 40 years.

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I've been cleaning tile and grout for 8 years now, learned from my husband. I do want to learn a lot more though. Natural stone does scare me a little. I can handle Travertine and marble but only the basics. I've been reading a lot of @Cameron DeMille's info and that is when I realized I had so much more to learn. I would like to push for more high end work.
I keep seeing the stone polishing equipment and thinking to myself....someday. I am hoping that soon there will be an advanced class near me sometime soon.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
how 'bout fieldstone around a fireplace that had become soot covered....
of course witout destroying the 3/4" Brazillian Hardwood floor

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

steve_64

how 'bout fieldstone around a fireplace that had become soot covered....
of course witout destroying the 3/4" Brazillian Hardwood floor
You wont hurt that brazil wood.

I need to clean the flagstone side of my fireplace. Going to use vinegar and a scrub brush. Ill mop up the floor.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Vct my first info came from my Dad, he used to do it back in his younger days. I picked up a account that was hanging on by what carpet cleaner would be willing to do some VCT tile @ 1800 sf of it. Mikey was also one I called. My Dad told me about how they went about doing it and it really hasn't changed much over the years, the chems are probably a bit better now.
Tile what little I do, just came about from the PM accounts I have, and them letting me learn, I would give them a deal just to be able to clean it. My buddy here in town also gave me some advice and what to look for when working up a estimate.
I would say that the forums have given me the most info on tile, MB has been great for this and I have learned a lot from them.
Stone also from MB, in fact I have talked to Mikey just this last month about a stone job I have a bid on, haven't done it yet due to holidays but it will be a nice job to start off the new year with......Thanks Mike for the info.
I would say most of my knowledge has come from my PM accounts giving me the okay to let me learn, I approach on the slow and go working my way up to a great finish result.
MB has been a great source of information....and I am looking forward to 2016 and will help me focus hard on what we need to improve our cc biz.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I've sucked out some grout and replaced it. Pretty straight forward. I've never had a loose floor come up but I have cleaned them. You can hear it as you drop the solution line or vac. I don't use much heat, just never found it necessary.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
If you can tell me the difference between a 46 and a 47 blower with out using the number "1" in your description, I just may let your "Help I just cracked every grout joint in this shit hole single wide" stay up..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom