The US Products Evolution wand

DevilDog

This wand should have certain people and companies that sell wands and glides very concerned. Used it for the first time today on three jobs. Not enough to fully test it yet...but confident enough to think this is a winner.

Sprays water on the carpet. Light. Recovers well. Easy to push.

Is there anything else that matters?

Nope there isn't.

The glides are easy to replace and only cost $75 compared to $200.

Try the wand for yourself.

Anyone that says it is not a good wand is full of shit. It does everything a wand is supposed to do it and it does it better. At least that is my first impression.

Of course with all the naive people on this board that will fall for ANYTHING (apparently) who knows how it will do.

DevilDog

Greenie

SRI Cleaning said:
I cant see why they wouldnt make a holed glide for it. The 1.5" wand is available with one.

I think it was avail. with one, now I'm sure that will be reserved for franchisees, hence the reason you only see a slot glide on the new wands.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Theres one reason I definitely wouldn't buy one and that is the fact that it has no side guards to prevent overspraying anything it comes close to.

DevilDog

You have got to be kidding!!! LOL.

I cleaned three houses with it today. In each house there were areas like wood floors I had to be careful around. Did not touch one area with water. So maybe you should not drink so much before you start cleaning.

Also, I think I do have a real truckmount and the wand didn't come close to chattering.

Also, the board hero, George, does not have a Vortex or anything close to it. And he seems to be GROSSING a lot. So Mikey, maybe you just f'd up when you bought the Vortex.

DevilDog

DevilDog

I am still very funny. Must hurt to know a guy that is probably tripling what you do....not using a 34 step cleaning procees....not using a Whortex....and getting all the work he can handle.

Hey, you are the one that has a man crush on him. Sell that Vortex and get a 405. Put on some knee pads. Buy those DVD's. And plaster yourself on YOUTUBE.

Don't need a Vortext to clean well or do good in business. After all, Heacock used a Ballwebber in a mini van and did quite well for himself.

I would certainly say a Genesis 59 is a real truckmount and I didn't have to sell kidney to buy it.

The Evolution Wand is a terrific wand....so far. Sprays and sucks. And the glides are cheap!!!

What the hell else do you need?

And as far as the chattering. I have talked to at least eight people that have the wand and they LOVE IT. No chattering from them.

DevilDog

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Todd I'm thinking of one in the future, how does the glide look after a day? If I remember correctly they're nylon glides so I'm thinking they'll need replacing more often. Sure felt good though and extremely light. Ridiculously light. I'd be interested to hear how the glide looks after a month or so.

Mikey P

Administrator
It will look like a Philippines tree rat has been gnawing on the ends because plastic doesn't self heal!!!

The one I tested had a bowed head as well.

The black coating on the tube will be chipped off in spots as well.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Heathrow said:
Todd I'm thinking of one in the future, how does the glide look after a day? If I remember correctly they're nylon glides so I'm thinking they'll need replacing more often. Sure felt good though and extremely light. Ridiculously light. I'd be interested to hear how the glide looks after a month or so.

I have used mine every day for 2 months and it looks like new. I dont think the glide will wear out quickly. I bought this wand and was gonna return it after a few days. My tech likes it, so i kept it, and i got used to it. It is a decent wand. With a few tweeks it could be near pefect. It definitely doesnt overspray at all. Actually i just put 110 jets in place of the 95's on the outside. it sprays perfectly now, but i do wish it had a splash guard. I might try to see if i can make one that looks halfway decent.

G

Give me the measurements and I'll make you custom Glides all day long,
for $69.00 : there a lot like my "T" slot design .

Cheers, Mr. Slide>>>>>>>>>>>>.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
it did chatter the other day on cgd, I had to switch the direction that i worked from, but my blueline wand did in the past as well.

I will be doing alot of cgd in the next week and i will give you guys my honest opinion, as i havent done very much in the last couple months.

G

When will you guy's learn!
My "Super Twin Vac Slide" will beat the pants off everything!!!
It's a CGD KING!! easy to clean 1000 sq. ft an hour! and easy to push,
And will leave the carpet just about DRY! " YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR FAN,
IN THE VAN! MAN!

WAKE UP, IT 2008 >>>>>>>>>>>

Cheers, AL

This has been a payed commerical ! :D

G

Not only that, but my normal commerical rate is .25 sq.ft. , But now with
this Slide, I clean 30-40% faster, so I'm dropping my rates to .20 sq.ft.
based on appx. 1000-2000sq.ft. jobs , so I should be able to get more
work.

Absolutely Smoken >>>>>>>>>>>

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Todd,

You think Teflon glides are overpriced, but you'll pay $900 for a rotomolded plastic wand?? How long until it starts to collapse under the heat and hg's of that Geni? Most plastic upholstery tools last about 6 months with big TM's before they collapse, I'm wondering how long the rotomolding will hold up under regular use.

The Evo glide is Delrin not nylon. I've used Delrin glides extensively, there biggest downfall is snagging and roughening over time. if you run one, it's important to sand it regularly to keep it smooth because it won't burnish over like Teflon does. Here's a pic of me using a Delrin glide:

Picture022.jpg

We've done some tweaks to the Evo wand, those who have them and want to be testers should give us a yell, we have 12" tweaks done and 16" tweaks in progress.

Take care,
Lisa

STEVEC

Mike, Did you use the wand that was at MF? It did chatter, but the slots had a sharp edge. The wands that we have now have a rounded slot opening. I used one to clean our cgd at the store and there was no chatter at all.

Steve

DevilDog

First of all I really like the wand. I have a local guy that has been cleaning carpets for quite some time and owns his own business. We might be partnering up while I am in paradise.

He seemed to like it yesterday quite a bit.

The wand is jetted wrong though. It has six 1.0's which is a sham. It is also jetted wrong from an angle perspective. It has 110's in the middle and the outside jets are 95's. WTF is that about.

The wand is 16 inches across but the jets only spray as wide as 11 inches, who is the genius that thought that is a good idea? Why even have a 16 inch wand that only sprays an 11 inch path?

Do I need to teach everything?

The jets need to be changed to at LEAST 1.5's. And the outside jets need to be 110's. I am still real puzzled about that. Just seems weird they would send it out that way.

But those issues take only a few bucks and a few minutes.

It sprays, it sucks, it is VERY light, and it seems to recover as good or better than any wand I have used.

How will it hold up? I will let you know.

I have no doubt the glides will last a reasonably long time. And even if they do not hold up as long as the GG's, they are so much cheaper and very easy to replace.

Just remove one tiny set screw, slide off, slide the new one on, and tighten the screw. Even Mikey could figure that out. And the glides for it cost only $75.

Is it the perfect wand? I doubt it. But it is a very good wand and they are on track to making it perfect.

Maybe Greenie can come up with some tweaks to it...he would certainly be the guy that could do it. But off the shelf, except for the weird jet deal, it is a pretty darn good wand.

And one other quick point...with the way the head of the wand is it is a bit difficult to get under certain things that other lower profile wands can get under. Example....under cabinets in bathrooms...things like that.

And since it is 16 inches there will be MORE furniture moving because it simply won't fit between things nearly as easy as a small wand. I have had that problem since I was 15.

DevilDog

Farenheit251

I used one last week. I liked the production but it locked down terribly disengaging the carpet from the tack. Left the carpet much wetter than my cmp which flows twice as much water. I'd like to try one with a hole glide. I think the locking down was killing water recovery.

Greenie

I think Todd's report was very accurate, he is right there are few things to change, start with $66 in new jets and a different style of glide, $75 or $175 I don't really care you gotta do what needs to be done to make it better one way or another.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Another thing. A few weeks back, someone had posted that the jets were screwed in so tight, that when you remove them, you strip out the aluminum of the spray bar. This is 100% true. i have no idea why they were put on so tight. When i changed the outer jets, I ended up cross threading one, because the threads on the spray bar were already screwed up. I am going to call US Products on Monday and see if there is anything they are willing to do about it. I really think I am entitled to receive a new spray bar, but we will see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom