The US Products Evolution wand

DevilDog

Yep to what Mikey said, although that might take away from the supposedly better air flow it gets. I don't know. I will let smarter people than me figure that stuff out.

We have not had any problem at all with it locking down....although it is a little more difficult to push than a GG wand. But not much.

One other point...I really do think 16 inches might be too big. Let's face it....you MUST have more suck and lift spread out over 12 to 14 than 16 inches. I do not see how a 16 inch wand with the SAME vac system has more suck.

But of course I am just a fricken chicken farmer now...so wtf do I know?

DevilDog

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the US products wand is a joke, how long will it last after being thrown into trucks by techs, what supports the valve system?? plastic?? a wand has to be a S design or its pretty much an outdated design, the US products wand does have a mid S, but the vac head is too high profile, the best wand design EVER made is the prochem Ti and quad jet wands end of story. these wands will last at least the life of the truckmount, the valve assembly is bulletproof, it is ergonomically designed to not hurt your back, all other wands are junk in comparison

DevilDog

Well Steve you are totally wrong. First of all a wand does not have to be an S bend wand. That is ridiculous.

Second, I have no doubt the material used to make the Evolution is really solid. God, give that company some credit.

The wand is light that is for sure...but that does not mean it is poorly built with bad materials.

You know what dude, airplane wings are built with super light material (for their size) and they do quite well. You do not need steel for something to hold up well.

And as far as the comfort of the wand....I have a bad back. After using this wand for two days I had very little discomfort in my back. Some of you have drank the Kool Aid.

DevilDog

steve g

Name
steve garrett
DevilDog said:
You know what dude, airplane wings are built with super light material (for their size) and they do quite well. You do not need steel for something to hold up well.

as an O/O here is the abuse that my wand must put up with, I can't tell you how many times I have left it standing up against the wall on a job, and nocked it over, so it goes banging onto the floor, just being in the truck is no picnic for it either, because it can have heavy fans come crashing into if I hit a bump, if it gets sat on the ground the concrete will rub the corners a bit. the glide it comes with is delron, not teflon, now all this mind you is me using the wand not some chimp who doesn't care

DevilDog

I have been using the 14 inch Powerclean S Bend wand with a Greenglide.

Love the wand!

But I am always testing. I have used about every wand there is and I really like the Powerclean wand. But I also like the Evolution. I just don't understand why a 16 inch wand has a spray pattern of 11 inches!

What is the point of 16 inches? Hmmmm, sounds sorta perverted.

But really, what is the point? I think they would have been better off with a 14 inch wand.

But I am sure some tweaks are in order.

DevilDog

maker

Didn't wands evolve into an S bend.?
Trying to make a really good straight wand seems the same as trying to make a really nice beta vcr or eight track player.

KBRENNY

I tried the 16" wand during a demo may 6th and was not impressed, the overspray from mist was crazy and the tm it was hooked to was only at 175 atm. Get that temp up to 230 and with the vapor and mist coming off the jets would be worse. The overspray from atomization was so bad you could visually tell where it was re wetting the already cleaned carpet next to it. The head is another thing I did not like, a low profile wand this is definitly not. If you are cleaning against a wall there will be a 1/2" to 1" gap where it really does not clean. Production materials aside the actual performance of the wand was lacking at best. Great concept, poor product.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom