IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
IMG_0503.jpeg

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Trip, what's your theory on why the BrushGlide works so much better on SS wands compared to the Dev?
This is complete speculation, but, maybe the SS wands pull more cfm. Maybe the SS wands create more Venturi effect than the Dev. Maybe it’s lift. Maybe the Dev isn’t as good as we thought it was.

My personal experience is that the brush glide on the SS wand recovers without a doubt better than the Dev with the brush glide. So much so that I don’t trust the Dev as my go to wand for carpet anymore. I use the SS almost always. I only use the Dev in tight bedrooms where the swivel is helpful. I have a Dev stair tool that I still use daily.

Mikey P

Administrator
This is complete speculation, but, maybe the SS wands pull more cfm. Maybe the SS wands create more Venturi effect than the Dev. Maybe it’s lift. Maybe the Dev isn’t as good as we thought it was.

My personal experience is that the brush glide on the SS wand recovers without a doubt better than the Dev with the brush glide. So much so that I don’t trust the Dev as my go to wand for carpet anymore. I use the SS almost always. I only use the Dev in tight bedrooms where the swivel is helpful. I have a Dev stair tool that I still use daily.
I think it's the funnel shape of the head.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2BaD3UVi5E

The PC Quad Jet and the WP 530 would make EXCELLENT HS wands, especially the 530 to to its 45degree sheer angle.

The PC Ti and 15" Evo's dont compare either.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I think it's the funnel shape of the head.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2BaD3UVi5E

The PC Quad Jet and the WP 530 would make EXCELLENT HS wands, especially the 530 to to its 45degree sheer angle.

The PC Ti and 15" Evo's dont compare either.

The Dev definitely isn’t funnel shaped it’s flat. The manifold on the SS is deeper at the top where the tube joins in than at the bottom where the glide attaches. The tube on the Dev also hits the manifold at 90 degrees versus the steep angle of the SS. The tube on the Dev is a little over an inch from the wand opening. The SS is almost twice the distance.
I remember a glide conversation about why glided wands recover better. The statement was that the increased distance between the manifold and the carpet (the glide) is gives opportunity for more lift.
Low profile wands are convenient but not better performing.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Dev definitely isn’t funnel shaped it’s flat. The manifold on the SS is deeper at the top where the tube joins in than at the bottom where the glide attaches. The tube on the Dev also hits the manifold at 90 degrees versus the steep angle of the SS. The tube on the Dev is a little over an inch from the wand opening. The SS is almost twice the distance.
I remember a glide conversation about why glided wands recover better. The statement was that the increased distance between the manifold and the carpet (the glide) is gives opportunity for more lift.
Low profile wands are convenient but not better performing.
great observations.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFlILYvi9pI&t=37s

Reactions: Trip Moses

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom