Things Customers Give You

I just got back from a restoration job that I'm doing it Express at the local mall....

They had a hot water tank break above the bathroom where they store stuff...The manager asked us to throw everything out for them...including 6 cases of travertine and 7 boxes of pergo(Both really good quality). I'm not one to bring junk home that custy's try and pawn off on me but I couldn't throw this stuff out...

I was wondering what you guys may have got from customers?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Various things, but my favorite....

Sandwich a guy made me for lunch. Wouldn't take no for an answer. Damn, he could make a mean sub.

Name
steve snail
Infra Red Sauna! Customer was doing some remodeling and asked me if I might be interested in the sauna. Have always been a fan of the sauna when on vacation, but was too cheap to cut the check for one of my own, guess you would cut a check for 4-5K for a unit like this. Best tip I have ever received, and with temps below 0 tonight it will feel soooooo good on the bod!

IMG_5396.jpg

topnotchman

Queen size like new Sterns & Foster bed. With box spring and frame. She said she was going to take it to the dump if I didn't want it! What a score!

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
frozen Brown trout caught in the Boise River, complete with freezer burn. It went straight in the trash when I got home.

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
Ice cream maker from a sweet, little old lady.

Here kids loved it, she thought mine would love it, too.

I didn't have the heart to say no thanks.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
$310.00 tip on a $90.00 job.. REALLY!!!! Was for a freind that i have known a long time.. and well she wanted to make sure i had some cash to take the gf out to dinner and a movie, ,and to still pay me for my work....

John G.

a hickey...LOL

and got a can of human poop in the mail from a SS competitor once.
Ticked him off we got the custys carpet so clean right after he did it and
charged her 3 times the price for it.

I took it simply a feather in the cap, chuckled and moved on.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
5ft round oriental rug

Friday I was offered 9 cases of new corry tile, but I have no need for it. Going to check with my home improvement friend from BNI on Tuesday to see if he wants it.

I have had several "Mean" sandwiches during the longer lasting jobs. Always adds about 30 minutes to the job while I eat and yap with the seniors, however, this makes this occupation really enjoyable. I learned from my good friend Jamie to never turn down something a customer offers in the way of food or drink (except alcoholic bevs) makes them feel better about themselves. I accidently turned down a piece of pie once and then I immediately saw the dissappointment in their eyes. I found out after that turn down that custy's family had been in Europe for 3 weeks, but I was going to run late for the next job, regretted that for days afterwards. Told my wife next time we would just have to push back the next job a bit.

-JB-

Name
JB
never turn down something a customer offers in the way of food or drink (except alcoholic bevs) makes them feel better about themselves.

Name
Eric Valentine
I was given a clogged up POS Bissell Powerforce bagless vacuum today. Aside from her dog chewing up the top of the handle, it looked like it had been used two or three times. Cleared the clog (dog hair and a bobby pin), and it works perfect.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Had some nice looking girl give me a Teddy for my wife. Brand New. funny story she live in an apt building which was condos in NY. I am doing an installation and notice the thick maxi pads taped against her headboard. I was like that is a pretty damn good Idea. Funny as hell.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
About 10 years ago, I cleaned 14 Circuit City Stores, not directly, unfortunately. The manager said to me, "since you clean carpet, maybe you have a use for an extra roll of carpet we have sitting here, we want it out of here." The roll was about 1,200 sq/ft of carpet. I told her, hell ya, I have an idea for it. I rented a van and picked it up the next day. I carpeted my entire basement with it. In the stores, it looks like cheap worn out shit, probably from all the traffic. It's really a nice carpet, with felt backing. The guy who installed it for me, said it was $35.00 a yard carpet. That was one of the best things a customer gave me.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
Erik said:
About 10 years ago, I cleaned 14 Circuit City Stores, not directly, unfortunately. The manager said to me, "since you clean carpet, maybe you have a use for an extra roll of carpet we have sitting here, we want it out of here." The roll was about 1,200 sq/ft of carpet. I told her, hell ya, I have an idea for it. I rented a van and picked it up the next day. I carpeted my entire basement with it. In the stores, it looks like cheap worn out shit, probably from all the traffic. It's really a nice carpet, with felt backing. The guy who installed it for me, said it was $35.00 a yard carpet. That was one of the best things a customer gave me.
What they gave you was an Enhancer backed carpet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom