things you hear that send up red flags

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I'll tell ya what sends up a red flag

juicy farts!

That's the type a thing that sends up a red flag!!!

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

Guess who didn't wear the booties we gave him yesterday!!!! Yep...the painter.

2 room redo. Painter was a drunk a**h**e!

We redid the rooms and told owner next time the painter is to be completely done and out of the building. If have to come back will be another full price cleaning charge!

We were of course blamed for the spots.

Owner was present on site this time and saw the final product.

Told them to use the booties we left yesterday!

Good thing we were in the area as it was a 60 mile round trip otherwise!

Damn careless painters.....not gonna use corner guards next time....hey Mr. painter....you missed a bunch on the corners :rockon:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino

Reminds me of a car dealership I cleaned years ago .. the office area was supposed to be closed and zero traffic .. even had warning signs,"Do not walk on wet carpet." People kept coming in for one thing or another in addition to using a copy machine .. I touched up 3 times cause they were tracking in black dusty footprints .. finally I'm like f that, the sign says do not enter and I'm not gonna stand here til the carpet dries ..

manager called me the next day wanting me to redo it .. for free .. I said, sorry but as per my note left behind, it was out of my hands .. I'd come back but it will cost .. never called me again .. she was even dumb enough to ask me, " dosent your guarantee apply .. I said not for deliberate soiling .. the sign said stay the f out !!!

That's funny !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Saiger
I was a transit bus driver. I had to train a new employee. He just got out of prison, 6 years, attempted murder. He joked if he was a better shot, he'd still be in prison. We were a para transit operator for disabled and senior citizens. Here in NY, we have to have a CDL license to drive anything that can't be called a taxi. Not just a CDL license, but a passenger endorsement. You must do a background check on all employees. Their fingerprints go to the DOT. If the DOT says you are good, they say you are on the company's 19-A roster. We had six drivers at this location. It was a new operation the county had not properly vetted them. The acting manager was called by the DOT on a Monday, "we're coming to do the pre-service audit of your records Thursday" We were at the very end of our 60 day "emergency authority" and we only got that because the county pulled strings. The next day, the acting manager who had done nothing in 2 months got an "emergency call" and had to drive home, some 1,500 miles away. He bailed the end of work Tuesday.
My title was "manager in training". I got stuck with the DOT. First thing came out, only two out of 6 drivers had the proper license and were on the roster. The other 4 were not. No surprise the guy who just got out of prison wasn't on the list. The DOT guy ran his license. If you commit a felony, your CDL goes away. It is not valid unless the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles personally says it is. If you commit a violent felony and used a motor vehicle in your crime, you have no license at all. The newest hire was on the road at the time. First summons. The manager didn't have a CDL, another violation, he drove sometimes too...
Wanted to give me a summons, but I was only manager in training... he piled on as many summonses as he possibly could. He made all four buses return immediately and pulled their registration cards. We were shut down. Later that day, the acting manager called to see how things went. He immediately hung up the phone and blocked our number so we couldn't call him.
The 10 weeks that I was there, I'd never put on an application. If I knew what was going on, I would have never taken the job, but sometimes you just don't know. So many serious red flags and nobody knew.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom