things you hear that send up red flags

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Jim's comment on another thread

I always "enjoy" when people with abused, stained...let's face it, ruined...fabric like this one try to sell you on how easy it will be to clean.

got me thinking of all the other things we hear that make me shutter

"it's just a small room, it'll only take you a minute " ..means it's a PITA room that's 200ft from the van with 75ft over hard surface and/or carpeted rooms (they're not having cleaned) to get to the postage stamp sized office that's full of coffee stains and dumped ashtrays

"It's not bad, just a few spots "...means it's trashed

"oh don't worry, we'll help you move the furniture "...means it'll be a clusterfook and nothing will be ready..and THEN they'll just be in the way

"Fee-Fee had a little accident , but only happened once".....means it's a cesspool

"could you just spot clean this little spot "... means she'll show you a half dozen spots/areas all over the large master bed rm
"since you're here and all, it'll only take a sec" ..means she's thinking you'll do it free .even though the "one little spot" in reality is more like 150 SF of traffic lanes

"the other guy did it for this much" ...means i tell them they should call "the other guy" then..an' that's if i'm in a good mood :biggrin:

funny how it goes...

.L.T.A.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Every time the Realtor calls an says "It's a clean one" I know I better load for the worst now : )

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
"It's got to be done"
It may indeed but it may not need to be done by us.

I can't tell you how many times people freaked when we throw out a ball park number. Had we just we went with their "its got to be done" we would have been fighting over payment. :errf:

Reactions: GCCLee

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
We're moving and will have the house empty by the time you get here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
The carpets aren't that bad at all and it shouldn't be too difficult. Or, do you guys move everything?

Last edited:

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
"I don't want to have the last appointment of the day. I know you guys re-use the dirty water."

"I'm a designer. Give me a great deal and I'll send you lots of business."

"It's a Stark rug with a borderd rug".

"Ofer told me to call you."

Last edited:

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
How about when they say up the hall as there're waving their arm from the downstairs hall up the stairs to the upper hall

Name
George Valliant
"Just mail us the bill an we'll pay you when we get it".

Translation: "Sucker, your dumb ass isn't getting paid anytime soon".

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Sometimes those can be FUN!!! My method is to scoop and toss onto the bed!! I could have that floor cleared in about 60 seconds!! Let them figure out what to do with that mess at bedtime!!

My method is...I will start someplace else and if it is not cleaned up by the time I come back..then we can get it when you schedule your next cleaning..........
I don't like touching peoples personal things.........

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Sometimes those can be FUN!!! My method is to scoop and toss onto the bed!! I could have that floor cleared in about 60 seconds!! Let them figure out what to do with that mess at bedtime!!

Exactly!

I did have a woman that would NOT let me touch a thing, I started to reach and help, she liked to wigged out.

Not sure who's eyes were bigger, mine or hers, lol

Bjorn

Real estate agent " the door is open for you and payment is on the kitchen counter"

Our dog doesn't bite

Don't worry the cats wont go outside

It's just some food stains

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
"It's got to be done"
It may indeed but it may not need to be done by us.
Closely related: "Don't worry, you'll get paid by the condo association... Uhhh, I don't feel comfortable signing a legal document."

Steve

PS For those of you who get hit with this one (usually late at night) from an off-site owner or property manager here is a legal opinion re: if a texted authorization will stand up in court.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Thanks Steve.

We've done the email thing many times with no problems but I do like the idea of making them confirm in the email that they received it, read it and are giving us authorization to begin. :icon_cool:

I'd never once considered they might claim they could open it. You big city people can be pretty slick! :biggrin:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I have a place that needs to be done. Actually I'm a property manager...... I have 200 properties.......
Yes Ma'am, I'm glad that you have built your business to that level, but we have a payment due at time of service policy, will someone be there to pay me?
Yes, then I agree, there are other carpet cleaning companies out there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom