This is not funny, I apologise

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I posted this elsewhere & thought I would give you the good people the opportunity of knocking me off my tiny stool.

Recently, someone, somewhere, on a carpet cleanering forum, reference was made to me as being a superman, or some such words.

This I believe, is due to the relevant ease with which I manouver my Big Yella around, in and out of tight spaces, up and down four flights of stairs, in and out of my little van, etc;

I think you get the picture.

Elsewhere, in my ignorance, I accused some people of being WIMPS, in that they find Big Yella too hard, too big, too awkward, too heavy to use, you name it, they found it.

I had already explained that MY Big Yella had been modifed with the main modification being 12" wheels with pneumatic tires, (see, I can even spell like an American :wink: ).

These large wheels and soft tyres allow me to do things as a 65 year, old that kids in their teens find hard to do.

Well, every dog has it's day and yours came yesterday.

After about three years, my tyres had worn down so much that if a copper had of grabbed me, I would've been put off the road, slammed in the clink and the key chucked away.

To wit, I got a staple in one tire which deflated my tube, not to mention my ego. :(

"That doesn't worry me" sez this smarty, "I'se got my old original wheels at home", ha ha.

On the way home though, I made a few calls but was unable to get any new wheels or tires.

So I get home, rip off the bigguns and slip the oldies back on.

Then I tried to push Big Yella up the ramps into me van.

Crikey, this ain't such a good idea. :(

So I get to me first job today, only up one flight of stairs, piece a cake.

Yeh, sure..........

Every step was a mountain, and coming back down was just as hard.

Hard tires clunking onto each step, instead of that smooth cushion of air going up and down.

In a bucket of sweat, I arrive at the first floor and fill up the tank with juice.

No problem, nice direct stick poly; done this a hundred times.

"Flamin' heck, how do you push this monster with a full tank of juice" !!!!!!! :shock:

And the weights all offset with these tiny wheels for such a short man. :(

And where I used to roll straight over me extension lead, now this was like 2" sticks in the way. :(

I ain't as smart as I used to be. :(

LUCKILY, when Connections was last on, I got young Jim Bethel to ask his Dad to bring back a kit from Rick Gelinas with the new axle and big wheels.

So yesty;, I was straight on the blower, and as luck would have it, they still had them, so now they are on the way to my joint, 1,100 miles north.

To all those people that I called WIMPS, I profusely apologise.

Now, to all those WIMPS, get out there and get a set of the big wheels and make carpet cleaning a joy to behold once more.

The difference they make is astronomical, not to mention phenomenal, if I may take a page from Howie's book. :wink:

They say that one never misses anything until it is gone.

With the Big Wheels, this is especially true.

The second job was a large, no, I won't go there, I'se too embarrassed. :oops: :oops:

Ooroo,

:(

PS ::: Big Yella is an excellent piece of machinery, the BIG WHEEL KIT makes it the ultimate money making machine.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Marty, can you give me the short and skinny of what he said?

Jack :p

PS. Shorty, I'm disgusted, I thopught you had Delia for all your hard work... fancy you having to break a sweat working!! Or did she pull a sickie to get a few extra days off before Christmas... hard to get good help these days :lol:

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
It sounds to me like Shorty is a hard core young man. WHEELS or no WHEELS.

jimn

Shorty,

A meat pie and a couple of frosty's will make you feel better. (I really like the Toughey's old brand Aussie beer) :D

For those of you that do not know, Australia has a "meat pie". It is absolutely the best snack, meal or whatever you want to call it. If I lived over there, I would live on meat pies..
:wink:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Harry Myers said:
Shorty you are the man. Long time no Speak my friend. :D

CRIKEY, :shock: :shock: :shock:

So I rings Harry, and what does he say :?: :?: :?:

"Who's this" :?: :?: :?:

How was I to know it was only 01:30 in the morning. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mikey's clock said 10:30, but I guess Harry lives about three light years or time zones to the east. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry Harry.

Hope you could go back to sleep, if not, wake yer missus up with a pre-Christmas present. :oops: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Later mate,

:oops: :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom