This may be my last year.. I just sent 5000 EDDM to poor people by accident!!!!!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Totally agree with that BUT I do have a third truck that sits most of the time, got a killer deal on it and have zero problem with it sitting as backup. 200k per truck is very doable

Just trying to point you in the right direction TY, easy to get caught up and FEEL successful when we have something tangible like trucks in the driveway.

The great Ken Snow used to say ROA (return on asset), we want to squeeze the most out of each investment. $200k is not only doable but just a starting point.
Thank God i ran into that man before I started.

Name
Ty
Just trying to point you in the right direction TY, easy to get caught up and FEEL successful when we have something tangible like trucks in the driveway.

The great Ken Snow used to say ROA (return on asset), we want to squeeze the most out of each investment. $200k is not only doable but just a starting point.
Thank God i ran into that man before I started.

Thank you, trust me I listen to what you've said over the years.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ken Snow once told me, "if I were to start all over again, I would get 2 guys on the truck, once that truck gets to 300k/year, we would than need a 2nd truck, and so forth".

Meaning get the most you can out of your main truck, before you're ready for the next.

Never forgot that from the man.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Ken Snow once told me, "if I were to start all over again, I would get 2 guys on the truck, once that truck gets to 300k/year, we would than need a 2nd truck, and so forth".

Meaning get the most you can out of your main truck, before you're ready for the next.

That was the most important lesson I learned from him also!

You can apply this to all parts of your business and not just about $$ per truck.
I constantly ask myself what else can i do to squeeze more out of what we are already doing.

1. Employees- can we spend another hour per week in training or other little things like show appreciation.
2. Advertising- is there any changes i can make to squeeze 1 more job out of our current campaigns
3. Taxes- can i reduce my tax bill at all by diverting more to a retirement fund.

It really adds up over time and could never thank Ken enough for planting that seed.

Name
I'm Rick James

I don't know about that.. it sounds good but it also sounds like you are going to be booked weeks out, which at that point you are turning away work to another cleaner. I know its nice to brag about how many weeks people are booked out, but that is also a sign that the company needs to expand. I don't think there is a magic number of $200k-$300k per van per year before you should expand.. that is such a general statement that it doesn't really apply to most O/O. I think it would be a better business decision to add another van instead of losing thousands a week because you can't do the job. I know Ken's experience was with large multitruck operations and not an O/O setting that is still only 1-2 vans.

Last edited:
Name
I'm Rick James
I just walk out on the bd ahole, he's rude and acted like the petty $200 he was going to pay me was worth putting up with his attitude , no thanks, I'll go do another $700 job for a greatful client

From the sound of it.. you aren't even doing the $700 jobs so why turn your back on a $200 job.. sure beats eating top ramen and selling your TV. When I first started and needed money I would sling deals.. sure beats going hungry.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I don't know about that.. it sounds good but it also sounds like you are going to be booked weeks out, which at that point you are turning away work to another cleaner. I know its nice to brag about how many weeks people are booked out, but that is also a sign that the company needs to expand. I don't think there is a magic number of $200k-$300k per van per year before you should expand.. that is such a general statement that it doesn't really apply to most O/O. I think it would be a better business decision to add another van instead of losing thousands a week because you can't do the job. I know Ken's experience was with large multitruck operations and not an O/O setting that is still only 1-2 vans.

Thanks brent but i think i will stick with Ken's mindset :winky:

Name
I'm Rick James
Thanks brent but i think i will stick with Ken's mindset :winky:

Hey he's influenced me a lot too.. but what of the problem with being booked out to far. Don't you feel its best to have appointment open within the next few days, instead of weeks?

How about this.. how many thousands of dollars should a company lose each month before adding another truck?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Ken never said he would be booked weeks out, matter of fact he mentioned on the boards several times that if you were constantly being booked over a week out, it's time for another truck.

300k is 1250 per day on 5 days a week or 1000 a day on 6 days a week, or setting a goal of 6k for the week.

His technicians were trained to meet these goals.

Remember that he said "if he were to start all over again as an O/O to grow into a multitruck operation", he had already achieved those numbers, so he knew what to do if he were to start all over again.

That right there is gold.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom