This video has everything.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Serious question- would putting down some prespray with HF, then using a 175 with brush and shower feed not cut through it better?

One of the problems I always had when I prescrubbed (yes...I go back to the days when a scrubber and a portable was the way to clean...) is that you lay down more fluid, and it takes more skill than I ever learned to control how much you put down.

With shampoo, you could tell by how much foam you saw (a white track, not a pile of shaving cream, was the goal). With prespray, the solution soaks right in and you can't tell how wet you've gotten it.

To be fair, I used mostly portables then, but when we got our first truck mount, I still found it better to prespray and scrub, instead of using the solution tank.

Reactions: Hack Attack
Name
Jeff T
One of the problems I always had when I prescrubbed (yes...I go back to the days when a scrubber and a portable was the way to clean...) is that you lay down more fluid, and it takes more skill than I ever learned to control how much you put down.

With shampoo, you could tell by how much foam you saw (a white track, not a pile of shaving cream, was the goal). With prespray, the solution soaks right in and you can't tell how wet you've gotten it.

To be fair, I used mostly portables then, but when we got our first truck mount, I still found it better to prespray and scrub, instead of using the solution tank.
Problem I’ve got Jim, I’m going to be neck deep in a job tomorrow night that usually takes me and a helper 8.5-9 hrs. Well, they want me done in 7 hrs. I figured if I stay on the wand the entire time, and have my helper do spoting, and put down solution with the Cimex, I don’t have to stop to use the HF. EVERYTIME we drop that wand, it’s lost time. I’m going to run my prespray 1/2 strength, and only open the valve on the Cimex 1/2 way. I have to start @ 11PM( not a minute sooner, and have to be finished by 5:59 AM. I’ve got 6 Hrs, 59 min.... it needs to be clean and dry, and there is probably 800-1000 food/drink spots. They don’t want VLM. HAS TO BE HWE... the space is just shy of 16,000 sqft....

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Jeff T
Problem I’ve got Jim, I’m going to be neck deep in a job tomorrow night that usually takes me and a helper 8.5-9 hrs. Well, they want me done in 7 hrs. I figured if I stay on the wand the entire time, and have my helper do spoting, and put down solution with the Cimex, I don’t have to stop to use the HF. EVERYTIME we drop that wand, it’s lost time. I’m going to run my prespray 1/2 strength, and only open the valve on the Cimex 1/2 way. I have to start @ 11PM( not a minute sooner, and have to be finished by 5:59 AM. I’ve got 6 Hrs, 59 min.... it needs to be clean and dry, and there is probably 800-1000 food/drink spots. They don’t want VLM. HAS TO BE HWE... the space is just shy of 16,000 sqft....
Is this possible?

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Good luck with that. You probably need 2 more helpers. One to prespray and scrub with the Cimex, 2 on the wand and hoses and 1 to fetch and carry. I used to work for a company doing 30,000 sqft in 7-8 hours like that. No empty hands and nobody standing around.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You rag on me so much, I cant tell if I'm getting the meAtrope SOA.

dead serious, Sally
It's why some of these morons don't know what a carpet SHOULD look like.
and just a likely why some Yo-Yo's think encRap "looks great" :icon_rolleyes:

speaking of that schmuck RA, besides Matt, who are the other "slow learners" ?
Damon? :icon_redface:

...L.T.A.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Serious question- would putting down some prespray with HF, then using a 175 with brush and shower feed not cut through it better?
I've got shower feed and I have same problem Jim described of controlling how much juice goes down

I mix HF chems little light but spray heavy so it doesnt dry on me and has more time to work, when running the 175 I've only got light mix in tank just to keep it wet or to hit particularly tough area again

No doubt it can be done but I use the tank more for t&g where you can see how much is on floor easier

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Jeff T
I've got shower feed and I have same problem Jim described of controlling how much juice goes down

I mix HF chems little light but spray heavy so it doesnt dry on me and has more time to work, when running the 175 I've only got light mix in tank just to keep it wet or to hit particularly tough area again

No doubt it can be done but I use the tank more for t&g where you can see how much is on floor easier
I switched the hose on the Cimex from 3/8 ID, to 1/4 ID... that should help.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Wouldn’t the Rotovac 360xl with brush head been a better choice on that carpet?

RE's are so "yesterday" man
They haven't been the board de jour star since the HOSS
(wonder how many of them are in the dusty corner now?)

it's zippers, zipspinners, DEV wands and LilPeeder brushes...get with the program

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I switched the hose on the Cimex from 3/8 ID, to 1/4 ID... that should help.
Can you run a splitter line on your solution line so Cimex helper can be prespraying and scrubbing without stopping the wand?

On some the hotels/motels I do, I run a splitter so my helper can be several rooms in front on the HF while I'm wanding. When they start getting to far in front they come back behind grooming

KSL

Name
Kent
RE's are so "yesterday" man
They haven't been the board de jour star since the HOSS
(wonder how many of them are in the dusty corner now?)

it's zippers, zipspinners, DEV wands and LilPeeder brushes...get with the program

..L.T.A.

I knew I was walking into a response like this. LOL

Reactions: Dolly Llama
Name
Jeff T
Can you run a splitter line on your solution line so Cimex helper can be prespraying and scrubbing without stopping the wand?

On some the hotels/motels I do, I run a splitter so my helper can be several rooms in front on the HF while I'm wanding. When they start getting to far in front they come back behind grooming
My Cleanco has dual solution/ dual wand capability. The hose run is about 300’. So yes on solution, but I wouldn’t want to run dual wand on a 47 blower at 300’. I’m going to bring extra solution hose just for that reason.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
why not a good electric sprayer for those jobs, Jeff ?

the best ones (with full size Flojet or Surflo pumps) put down right at a gallon a minute w/08 jet. (you can find them at Tractor Supply or any ag supplier )
and believe it or not, there's no practical difference in pre-spray efficacy when sprayed TM hot from HF and 100-140 hot from elect sprayer...fo-reel

..L.T.A.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
You ever thrown the towel and say, geez, your carpet needs to be replaced...Just hopeless...When do you actually give in?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You ever thrown the towel and say, geez, your carpet needs to be replaced.

sure
there's only so much one can do.
clean enough ratholes, and you get to know what can be expected too

though I never told res custys they should replace if I wanted to keep them..with rare exceptions like sewage back-up or similar serious.
Only advised them what to expect, and in 99.777538% the cleaning far exceeded their expectations

The point is, without quality pre-spray in sufficient quantity (which is substantially more than a light spray) , you simply can't get a soiled carpet as clean as it can be .

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
now I hack em out with my hydroforce.

working by yourself, they're fine (when they work)
Or if/when the joint is small enough for the first guy in to hose the whole place down while the other guy finishes set up

other than that, only knuckleheads waste time stopping the wand to pre-spray

.L.T.A.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Chevy's carpet was deep fryer oil (from loose tortilla chips) mixed with "other" kitchen walk-off mixed with customer tracked in soil over a 5-6 week period. Took me many cleanings to find a repeatable routine. Staff was responsible for all debris and helped me quickly stack chairs on tables. Hose down every sq/ft and huge amounts in the traffic lanes. Got that shit down as soon as the last chair was moved. Always hosed the areas I'd rinse first. MINIMUM dwell 20 min. Not going to get into my pre-spray here, it was 3 things mixed. RX20 with propane fired booster, 230 out the machine, no drop in temp. If today I was sentenced to only clean restaurant carpet I would still swing a rotary with some boosted heat if my machine couldn't keep up. I fu.... around long enough with a big wand and lower temps to figure out heat was essential in a greasy load. Speaking of load, cleaning them is like a load in the pants. Wait to get paid, no glory, no job satisfaction, no loyalty.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You rag on me so much, I cant tell if I'm getting the meAtrope SOA....

That’s true if you pre spray three rooms and scrub it and it’s dry before you get to the third room you prorbably didn’t use enough.

I put it down heavy and do dry strokes and drop fans!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Looking at your video again Mikey and I am wondering if it would be faster using a Rotovac xl? Prespray the same and instead of using a separate tool,(175 and red Pad), use the xl to scrub the prespray in without using any cleaning solution. Then pull the trigger and flush and scrub with the xl. Sure, the xl is slower than the Zipper but not having to use the 175 will save you time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom