tile cleaner

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So I have a 2000sf tile cleaning job with a short window of time to do it. I just bought a new turbo. I have a 175 with a stripper brush.
I need to melt this stuff off quick clean it and seal it.
So what's the best juice to use?
I have a pail of flex citrus on the way. Was thinking of going to Sallys and getting some 120 vol to boost it.

Thanks

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
If your going to boost add floor stripper to it not 40 vol unless you are trying brighten the grout lines.

Have you done a test area?

Last edited:

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
No I haven't done a test yet. Was going to test with flex when it comes in. Its a optometrist office so no foods or oils. Just dirt that's benn there for 3 years.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Should be fine with the flex, might want to bring a gallon or 2 of floor stripper just in case.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
So I have a 2000sf tile cleaning job with a short window of time to do it. I just bought a new turbo. I have a 175 with a stripper brush.
I need to melt this stuff off quick clean it and seal it.
So what's the best juice to use?
I have a pail of flex citrus on the way. Was thinking of going to Sallys and getting some 120 vol to boost it.

Thanks

If I may ask (I may be doing a 2000sq ft tile job soon myself) what are you charging per sq ft . My job may require some viper venom on about 1/3 of it (heavy staining) I was considering .35 for clean and .50 to seal using Cobbs DC Ultraseal.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've had good luck with Flex also. Cobb's Powermax works awesome also. Magic Wand's Oxyblaster is one of the best on tough jobs.

Reactions: hogjowl

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I just received a case of Shorebest 2790, came out to $90 bucks plus shipping, since guys always raved about it, I can't wait to try it out.

Name
cameron demille
a lot of tile cleaners swear by Shorebest. I've used it, it works great, but it's definitely not worth the ridiculous price. There's a lot of good cleaners on the market.

Stone Pro Deep Clean Gel is a great cleaner, Aquamix Heavy Duty Tile Cleaner, Waxie Mean Green, etc.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
.55sf cleaning & .20sf seal. My normal price is .60 &up to clean and .25 to seal but I wanted this account because the guy that did it last time stole an account from me. Get them doing it once a year and it will be a cake walk next year.

Name
cameron demille
Are those not floor strippers?

They are alkaline based tile and grout cleaners. They will strip light duty stuff.

Are we talking about stripping or sealing? OP just said tile cleaning.

For stripper, my favorite right now is Prosoco Wax & Cure Rmover. It's about $75 a gallon, but it mixes 10:1. I melted through 4 layers of concrete polish guard in 5 minutes fully diluted.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Let us know how it does Bill. I've heard a lot of people brag about it too, but have yet to try it.

Will do.

I thought the price was cheap for 4 gallons, came out to less than $30 a gallon w/ shipping.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Don't you guys have local suppliers?

Think we pay $8 gallon for degreaser and no shipping, which is all you need 90% of the time.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I always pay $131 for 4 gallons for 2790. It's the only cleaner I use on T/G since I started using it a few years ago.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Shorebest worked great for me except for the smell it left in customers house. I've been cleaning tile and grout now for 12 years in houses. As Dirk said, Flex, Oxyblaster, and Powermax all great products and you don't need a respirator for each person in the home.

JMill

Name
Jeremiah Miller
I just picked up a 1000 sq. ft. fast food joint. I haven't done much tile, OK I haven't done any tile. I have a 175 with several different brushes. How stiff of a brush do I need for tile? If you were going to go in to a grease bucket with one solution what would it be? Flex? Oxyblaster? Powermax? Run of the mill degreaser? What is the best method to scrub the tile baseboards?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Finished the job in 4.5 hours. Flex citrus 2 scoops a gallon. Turbo at 1100 psi cold water. This turbo is great. I can only imagine what I could do with a Duane Oxley heater and the turbo. I just set a new record for how much I made in a day. Feels good. Thank you for talking me into buying a turbo. I almost went cheaper.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom