Tile floors & Grout

dekare

What is needed to be able to clean tile floors & grout as you might see in a residential or commercial setting? Is the Gecko tool a stand alone unit, or must it be combined with a spinner to be effective? Which do you recommend and why?

QDCC-Barry

No replies although this was asked 6 months ago.

I actually have the same question. I've been in the carpet cleaning business 18 years but for the last year or so I've been investigating and dabbling in the grout cleaning side.

I started originally going into the whole "stone care" side but after some training and seeing where the largest bulk of the work is I've cut back to going after just ceramic/man-made grout cleaning.
. Up to this point I've used teh cleaning procedure of (and I'm simplifying it here) spray acid, dwell for 10 minutes, agitate with a brush, neutralize and extract with floor wand. It's lots of labor and seems to be more work than it should be.
I use a portable. I'm thinking of getting a spinner and a "water otter" or "badger" to bump the pressure up to needed levels. At least thats what was recommended to me by someone.

What do the pros here have to say about that?

Back
Top Bottom