tile grout

jayjlarge

Hope everybody is doing well! I had a client call me today and asked if I could get grout off her almost new carpet. I replied "Mrs. Johnson I have more tricks in the back of my van than a clown has in his pockets". I was honest with her and explained that I have never ran into that but I know a place where i'm sure somebody has. So here I am. If anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Y'all!!!!

TimP

Acid will break down the calcium bonds in grout.....so that could be a start. It all depends on the quantity of the grout that's on the carpet though....if a whole bucket was spilled you may be SOL....well your client may be. I've had thinset on carpet although very little and it came up with a normal cleaning. If I were you I may try some rust remover, only after normal cleaning don't work??? Just a guess since I haven't run into this problem in the field.

John Watson

Call me a flippen trick? or a clown? Oh, I ain't in your van Ok then,

Grout is like cement with no fillers to really bind it together. It will smash and crumble easily and then an acid rinse product on a towel should remove the rest from the fiber.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Crushing will break it down. Use a bone spatual or Gum Getter and a vacuum hose to get most of it off. An acid side product should be able to get the rest of it off.

You may be able to use Viper Renew or other acid side grout cleaner - as long as the carpet won't be damaged. I did not notice any details about the kind of carpet.

Scott Warrington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom